GM Volt Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
still waiting for you guys to respond to my e-mail / pm. i replied to yours last week (after it took you 3 weeks+ to get back to me the first time), now i'm going on a week waiting for a second reply...

·
Super Moderator
6,380 Posts
I think these guys are not one of "good guy" dealerships from all the posts.
I wonder if potential buyers are even trying to get lower deals or "work" the seller over. Remember it is a two way street and some buyers use an open forum to try to threaten/push even good sellers beyond reasonable deals.

I don't know that is true in this/these cases but I can easily see that happening. I've seen some post by buyers that are very "manipulative". I'm just saying it goes both ways.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Working it out ...

I'm currently in the process of working out a deal with Cargill right now. I've been working with Jon Jackel out there and so far he has been a lot more responsive than some of the other sales people. If all goes well I'll have a new blue topaz volt in my driveway early next week. I'll give everyone an update as more details progress.

Jayson

·
Registered
304 Posts
i'm glad you're having such a great experience, but for me it's been nothing like that. they were very responsive for about 24 hours, and nothing since. we were conversing via PM, they asked me to send an e-mail...i replied via PM and sent the e-mail they requested. about 3 weeks later i FINALLY got an answer via PM and e-mail - i replied and now it's over a week and i'm still waiting for a response.

in the internet / digital age, i shouldn't have to pick up a phone and call them - nor should i have to wait 3+ weeks (or even ONE week) for a reply to a simple e-mail. i've got other things to do during the day, it's much easier to type a quick e-mail than spend time trying to get ahold of someone via phone.

i think i'll start shopping elsewhere.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My car was delivered today! It was dirty from the 350 mile drive but I'm not going to complain about an $11 dollar delivery charge ( the price of the car wash ). I'm the proud new owner of a 2013 blue topaz with black leather + safety 1 and 2. Jon Jackel really went above and beyond to get this car for me at a price I could afford. As all of you know I had a 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid that I was trading in. They came in with a very fair trade-in value on my car. The Volt came in at well below invoice and then the $2820 was applied. I paid tax + title + doc fees and got a 39 month lease for 380 a month - it is only $5 dollars more than my last car payment. Residual is ~24k.

I've learned that at Cargill it really depends on the salesperson. The first salesperson I was dealing with didn't seem to be motivated to get the sale. He went through the motions but that was it. Jon really went to bat and got everything where it needed to be for me to pull the trigger.

They're in the process of registering the car now and hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll have new plates mailed to me. I hope that goes as smoothly as the delivery.

Jayson

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Congrats Jayson! Yes I've heard other good feedback about Jon. My salesperson Tom was also good, and has been to a lot of Volt training.

Sad that you are not local (as it would be great to see some more Volts driving around here!) but Oppy's glad to remain "unique" for a but longer!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts