GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today is the 3 year anniversary for when I picked up PLUG1N. Hard to believe 3 years ago I surprised my family with my Volt. Hands down, this is the best car I have ever owned. 63,000 EV miles and it has been virtually problem free.

The honeymoon never ended and I still love driving my Volt. Maintenance costs have been only $430; mostly tire rotations. Tip of the hat to GM for producing such a fine vehicle.

If anyone is interested in how I created the graphics. It is from a Photshop template from the Chevrolet Volt Owners Facebook group compliments of Brett Circe. The template had a huge flaw though..... Only 4 digits for the miles without gas VoltStats achievement. Well, I had to fix that.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Congratulations! I am closing in on my 1 year anniversary and still love the car. I already have ~10x your gas miles though so I won't be matching you there. I take the Volt on long road trips now and then.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
We passed the one year on our 2014 Volt this Oct. Nearly 16,000 miles, nearly 200 mpg, and an honest 37 mpg just on gas used. We have had an issue with the mid screen locking up at times and once going black, and the charge door indicating light stating the charge door was open but it was closed. Our Chevy dealer has ordered the parts and should be here any day which falls under warranty coverage. Other than that trouble free.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only service related issue I had was noisy struts which they replaced under warranty. Other than that it has been 100% trouble free for 63,000+ miles.

By around year 7, my gas savings will have paid for my investment in my Volt. Probably year 6 or sooner if I include maintenance.

However, I plan on keeping my Volt for a long time. I have no interest in upgrading to Volt 2.0. Plus I am keen to find out how many EV miles I can get out of my battery. So far no degradation at 63,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Dear GM,

Get this man a second generation Volt as soon as possible. With the improved battery your marketing department will be happy to advertise that "By switching to Generation 2 from Generation 1, this man was able to cut his gas bit by half*". Think about the headlines when media realizes this!

* = From 10$/yesr to 5$/year.

:)

GZ

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
KNI, I don't think I can get my gas bill any lower unless I get a BEV. 60% of my gas purchases was at the end of year one when I filled up my tank (4.5 gallons) during my first Fuel Maintenance. That was a mistake! Since 12/2012 I've purchased 2.9 gallons. I average about 1.5 gallons per year, which is the minimum to turn off FMM.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
me too - 3 years and what you said :)

i went back and thanked my car dealer

(and asked the the tech how to pass the 3 year Texas emission test if I never got the ready flags set in 2 1/2 years from being 98 % EV )

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
One or two monthly trips to Portland Oregon or Longview Washington means we never have to worry using old gas in our tank.
Were still near the 200 mpg overall for our 2014 Volt with nearly 16,000 miles . Last trip was over 40 mpg just on gas, with fresh winter blend 87 octane at that, temps ranging from low to mid 40's or so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.