volt, but have 3 concerns:
1)i cant find any trash holder
in the cabin. did i miss something?
2)the front bumper often hits
the ground so easily. any ideas.
3) would like to change rims but cant get specs
get all the specs. anyone tried?

#2 ·
One way to get around the trash can problem is to buy a small bathroom type trash can matched to your carpet color. Then use velcro strips on the bottom of it to fasten to the floor mat behind the drivers seat.
Agree, the front air dam is low and often grinds. GM states that this air dam is designed to touch often. It's very flexible and can handle it. There was a recent report that GM will offer a replacement air dam which is not quite as low hanging.
As far as changeing rims. Can't help with this. I feel the stock rims are very good looking. Love the way they seem to stop motion at low speeds and appear to reverse direction soon after. Good job on the rims GM.

#3 ·
Please note that the stock rims, polished or not, all are *Forged* Aluminum. Good luck finding forged rims for less than $2-4000 each! They are strong and light, and quite rare. I've seen them on Porsches, and sometimes as a factory option for Corvettes.

GSP

#4 ·
i have been very happy with my black
volt, but have 3 concerns:
2)the front bumper often hits
the ground so easily. any ideas.
A bit of semantics but the flexible piece that often drags is not part of the bumper. It is actually made of 3 pieces and is very flexible. It's a litttle bit of ingenous engineering to improve aerodynamics. They can be easily replaced or remove but at an efficiency cost. The air dam itself is pretty low and if that is often dragging then you have another problem.

#14 ·
Technically, it's a lazy engineering. If you get the aero right in the undercarriage, you don't need the air dam. They took the easy way out. That's why Nascar cars have a huge air dam all the way to the ground. There is no consideration for underbody aero on those cars, so they just don't let the air under it.

#5 ·
The absence of a litter bag is one of my wifes complaints with all cars. We generally have found a way to use velcro to fasten some type of liter bag on the center console.

Since you mentioned it I went out and looked. Surprise-the storage area behind the shift lever is accessible from both sides of the console. I had not noticed that before. I thought maybe a little tray in there that could be pulled out either side could be the answer to the trash container shortfall. But the opennings are too small to accept a tray that would be large enough. Probably as well as a person should not be putting any trash that could get smelly in that area.

#6 ·
What cars have a trash holder? I'm new to that idea, in all my cars I've never had a storage area that held trash.

Someone please enlighten me and my ignorance. :)

#8 ·
Wheels

I have already put 20" wheels on my car. They are 5x105 Bolt pattern the same as the Chevy Cruz. The Brand is De Aimo and are very attractive. The tire size I went with is 235x35x20 which is with in .6 of an inch of the original size. I just completed a 250 round trip and average MPG with new wheels was 60 MPG. The car looks great. I purchased the wheels from Gran Prix Tires in Costa Mesa Ca.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.