GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at a 2017 Volt Saturday, I am planning to purchase/lease another Volt. I own a 2013 now.
I wasn't over impressed with the car. I like my 2013 Volt.
I wonder what MORON at GM decided to eliminate the garage door openers.
I never did understand why there are no electric seats, one thing you can get rid of to gain weight is the sirius radio.
This radio is something that should be an option. I have better things to do with my money than to buy airtime.
I have the pearl color on my 2013, it is a very nice color. Unfortunately GM is peddling a white color and calling it pearl. I viewed 2 Volts next to each other , one pearl and one white, no difference. I was looking for a pearl color for my new Volt, but I am saving the $995 now.
The only plus I see is the mileage gain.
I am seriously thinking of looking for a Gen1 used Volt. I need a second car, but the new Volt may not be worth the money.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I looked at a 2017 Volt Saturday, I am planning to purchase/lease another Volt. I own a 2013 now.

The only plus I see is the mileage gain.
I would respectfully suggest that you give that mileage gain the weight it deserves and not worry about the relatively trivial concerns you list.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, the mileage was the main reason for a second Volt. My goal was to purchase probably my last car for a considerable amount of time and I wanted to lease and then purchase. I was just venting about the other stuff.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I agree, the mileage was the main reason for a second Volt. My goal was to purchase probably my last car for a considerable amount of time and I wanted to lease and then purchase. I was just venting about the other stuff.
And I hope you will excuse me for sounding so curt. My own next car could well be my last, but for the moment I'm still hoping to get another six years out of this one. None of that other stuff is at all important to me, but they do get a lot of air time in this forum.

Others have found that leasing with a view to purchasing has not worked out too well with the Volt. You should look carefully at the figures. You have a good car that you like - I would keep it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
First I heard that they eliminated the garage door openers. That sucks.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I solved the garage door opener problem-for me- by double-stick taping my opener, clips removed, in the same position as the button on my '13. Not slick, of course, but with a stick-on felt pad on the button I can open the door without looking.
Gen 2 is so good in so many ways it's not fair or valid to judge it on the basis of a ride around the block--or, from one poster, just sitting in one. Get real.

·
Registered
524 Posts
"The only plus I see is the mileage gain."

I wish I could have learned to love the 2013 heater control like you.

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
That's pretty slick!
So that module is at least $189.99 on Amazon & possibly more if they charge you tax...You also need dremel, a steady hand and lots of patience to hack away at the overhead console...

If you have a LT, you do not have an autodimming mirror, so many of us found used Gentex mirrors on Ebay, $35 shipped with pigtail is possible, just have to check often...As a bonus, the mirror is physically larger for increased visibility...

Lastly on the garage door opener front, I have discovered the console for the garage door opening Malibu is the same shape as the Volt...What I don't know is if the wiring harnesses will match or not...Mirror install is pretty easy, but if the Malibu console is plug and play would literally take 5 seconds to swap out...

Every time we see a pic or video of the Bolt EV, it does not have a garage door opener either...There's still time for them to add it before production...

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think the colors are wrong on the Chevy website. The photos of pearl white and summit white seem to be switched. Anybody else notice this?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts