GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the DW drives the Volt, I have an SUV as a DD and I want to get into something comparable to the volt. I was thinking golf tdi, but the spark ev looks pretty cool.

Would we still be eligible for the tax credit on a second EV?

Are there any other Volt owners who also have the SPARK EV? thoughts?

Thanks guys
VoltSS

·
Registered
13,929 Posts
So the DW drives the Volt, I have an SUV as a DD and I want to get into something comparable to the volt. I was thinking golf tdi, but the spark ev looks pretty cool.

Thanks guys
VoltSS
If you have a tax liability over $15K then you can buy two EVs in a year and claim both. If your tax liability is between $7500 and $14999 you should buy the new EV during the next calendar year. Alas, the spark EV is currently available only at select dealerships in Oregon and California. So you have to buy used or buy one there and ship it. If you wait, rumors have it that it might go nationwide soon.

3,605 Posts

Thanks guys
VoltSS

Hello voltss,
You are making a great choice by considering the Spark EV. It is an extremely peppy car and is perfect for everyday driving. If we decide to expand the Spark EV to additional states, I would encourage you to test drive one. Have you considered another Volt? There are great leasing prices going on for the 2014. Let me know if you would like to explore the idea. Also, I would suggest contacting your tax advisor to verify your eligibility for a tax credit on an additional EV.

Katie O.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
What a DW?

·
Registered
13,929 Posts
Dear or Darling Wife

Picking up my E-Golf in the AM. Excited! Its like the Spark EV and Golf had a baby, exactly what I was wanting.
I haven't read up much on the e-golf, but I like the fact that VW has electrified one of their existing vehicles rather than make a different car altogether (i3, prius, leaf). Now if only GM would make voltec malibus, impalas, equinoxes, suburbans, and camaros...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts