GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just 2191 were sold last month, which isn't a bad number by the way.
Last year November sales were 1980, so the Gen II is trending in the right direction. I don't think the Volt will ever catch on as well as it deserves, though. I think it is just a bit too small for 4 adults to sit in it comfortably, and the Chevy reputation for building poor quality small cars has undeserveably tainted the Volt.

http://www.gm.com/content/dam/gm/mol/docs/Deliveries-November-2016.pdf

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Pretty impressive! Best November sales ever for the Volt and only six times have monthly sales been higher!

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Thanks for posting. I think GM is likely happy with that number. With the Bolt EV and higher ZEV credits per vehicle on the horizon, I'm sure GM would like to save a few of those tax credits. Also if you look at the numbers, the Volt easily (as in double) outsold other Cadillac sedans with the exception of the XTS, which had about the same sales. Similar situation with the Buick sedans, with only the LaCrosse having similar sales. Given the price point for the Volt is somewhere between the price point of the vehicles offered by Cadillac than to those offered by Chevy, the number isn't too bad at all.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Best month ever for the Gen 2, as well! Congrats GM!

I bought a Gen 2 in November, but since mine was used, it doesn't count.

Regardless, I'm pleased to see this! With the Bolt right around the corner, it's good to see Volt is holding its own. I really hope the two vehicles complement each other and generate more interest and sales for both, rather than cannibalizing sales.

·
2,356 Posts
Add at least 3000 sales as of the end of November in Canada, and the Volt has already beaten its 2013 record for North American sales (24025).

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
With the Bolt on the door step, spectre of the Model 3, Prius Prime just arrived, $2/ gal gas....and yet the Volt posts its Best November ever. Nice!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
all in all not a bad number.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Honestly, gas prices only seem to be dramatically hurting the Prius and fuel efficient compacts more than any plug-in vehicles. Sure, $4 a gallon would increase sales, but as it is the market is still growing.

As a counter point to year 1999 light truck boom, the current light truck boom has a lot of vehicles I would consider cars, like the Nissan Rogue, so it is a bit different than last time where it was very inefficient Nissan Pathfinders and larger vehicles.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Is there any way to know whether these numbers are "first time" plug-in owners or just Gen 1/Leaf or other plug-in owners opting to upgrade? I would like to see the Volt attract NEW converts to the world of electric driving. As much as I enjoy the distinctive styling of the Gen 1, I do think the Gen 2 seems to have more mainstream appeal in terms of looks.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Not bad with no advertising. I credit the sales figure to word-of-mouth advertising among co-workers. One of my customers, Yamaha Electronic Division, now has no less than 3 Gen 2's and a Gen 1 among the hundred or so cars in the parking lot. My contact there installed 6 charging stations that are constant in use. The word is getting out.. slowly.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Add at least 3000 sales as of the end of November in Canada, and the Volt has already beaten its 2013 record for North American sales (24025).
Volt sales were 316 for November in Canada putting sales at 3197 in 2016 YTD. I think Canadian sales should come very close to cracking 3500 for the year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts