GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have been a member here for awhile now and appreciate all of the good info offered on these forums. I am a saleperson at Criswell Chevrolet in Gaithersburg, MD. I'm sure many of you know about us and we appreciate your business. I also was able to lease my own Volt 6 months ago and absolutely love living the dream of using almost no gas.

I'll cut right to the chase. We need to sell 13 Volt's by the end of the month. We are offering all GM-Volt members $2500 under invoice on all in stock Volt's. We currently have 20 in stock. You can see all of our inventory at

www.CriswellVolt.com

There is 0.9% for 72 months or leases starting at $239 a month (MSRP $39,995, 24 month lease, 10k/yr, $0 down except for first months payment and $250 security deposit, on approved credit)

We are the largest Volt dealer on the East cost and there's a reason why. We love the car, offer a great buying experience and if you are local, we have the best service techs available to take care of your car.

The only thing to add to the price is your states taxes, tags, and $200 processing fee. Shipping is available. Please let me know if you have any questions. By the way, you can check out my DealerRater profile by going here

http://www.dealerrater.com/sales/Stefan-Kube-review-94945/

Thanks
Stefan Kube
Criswell Chevrolet

Phone: 301-212-4492
Text: 301-675-3130
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
357 Posts
FWIW, I bought my Volt from Criswell in March 2011 and my experience was quite positive. I lived 2 miles from a dealership in VA but ended up buying 55 miles away in Gaithersburg because they honored MSRP when others were charging several thousand over MSRP. As luck would have it the Fire Department was on site and they installed the car seat while I was waiting for the paperwork.

They are also long time supporters of the Volt as they had Tony Posawatz, former Volt assembly line director (could be wrong on his exact title), come and do a Q&A back on July 4th 2010. So if you are in the area I would definitely recommend checking out Criswell if you are in the market for the best car out there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is 0.9% for 72 months or leases starting at $239 a month (MSRP $39,995, 24 month lease, 10k/yr, $0 down except for first months payment and $250 security deposit, on approved credit)
Hi Stefan,

Can you please detail all of the terms of the lease for $239/month? Is this including tax or not?

Can you plug in the following numbers?

Base Cap Cost -
Addl. Costs -
Cap cost reduction -
Net Cap Cost -
Residual Value (What % was used? What would be the % for 12k/yr?) -
Interest Rate -

Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FWIW, I bought my Volt from Criswell in March 2011 and my experience was quite positive. I lived 2 miles from a dealership in VA but ended up buying 55 miles away in Gaithersburg because they honored MSRP when others were charging several thousand over MSRP. As luck would have it the Fire Department was on site and they installed the car seat while I was waiting for the paperwork.

They are also long time supporters of the Volt as they had Tony Posawatz, former Volt assembly line director (could be wrong on his exact title), come and do a Q&A back on July 4th 2010. So if you are in the area I would definitely recommend checking out Criswell if you are in the market for the best car out there.
Thanks for your kind words. I remember that day in 2010. Seeing the Volt for the first time. It was quite fun.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Stefan,

Can you please detail all of the terms of the lease for $239/month? Is this including tax or not?

Can you plug in the following numbers?

Base Cap Cost -
Addl. Costs -
Cap cost reduction -
Net Cap Cost -
Residual Value (What % was used? What would be the % for 12k/yr?) -
Interest Rate -

Thanks!
I am not sure of the exact figures used and I am not going to get into exact specifics here because I am not a finance manager. What I can say is the we have a Volt for $39,995 that at $2500 under invoice, you can lease it for $239 a month for 24 months with $0 down at signing except for first months payment and security deposit. Your states taxes, tags, and $200 processing fee are extra. I don't include those because states are all different. If you tell me where you are titling, I can figure that for you. A 12k/yr lease would obviously be more. My guess is probably $20-$30 more.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Stefan,

Sounds interesting. I have some questions that concern Volt owners when selecting a car dealer:

Can you tell us how many technicians in your service department have been trained on servicing the Volt? How many of your mechanics are Volt certified? Does your parts department keep any Volt specific parts like replacement EVSE's and filters in stock? Did you know the Volt ships without a cabin air filter installed? Will you offer that cabin filter as an option when you sell a Volt?

How many of your sales staff have been specifically trained about the Volt? How many of your sales staff have been trained on the various charging options available to customers? Can your staff provide any helpful information about where to obtain a level 2 charger and a qualified contractor to instal it for the customer. Do you keep a list of contractors and EVSE equipment that you can provide to your new EV customers? Have you ever heard of SPX?

Answer some of those questions right... And you might just find a lot more customers interested in buying Volts from YOU over another dealer.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stefan,

Sounds interesting. I have some questions that concern Volt owners when selecting a car dealer:

Can you tell us how many technicians in your service department have been trained on servicing the Volt? How many of your mechanics are Volt certified? Does your parts department keep any Volt specific parts like replacement EVSE's and filters in stock? Did you know the Volt ships without a cabin air filter installed? Will you offer that cabin filter as an option when you sell a Volt?

How many of your sales staff have been specifically trained about the Volt? How many of your sales staff have been trained on the various charging options available to customers? Can your staff provide any helpful information about where to obtain a level 2 charger and a qualified contractor to instal it for the customer. Do you keep a list of contractors and EVSE equipment that you can provide to your new EV customers? Have you ever heard of SPX?

Answer some of those questions right... And you might just find a lot more customers interested in buying Volts from YOU over another dealer.
What I can tell you is that we are the largest Volt dealer on the east coast. We have techs and service advisors that were factory trained and always have a few Volt's in service. Our parts department is certainly capable of getting any needed supplies in stock. Most of our sales staff is just as knowledgeable about the Volt as I am. We do not get into level 2 charging with the customers. We tell them to call SPX. I have an electrician that has done several dozen installations and is knowledgeable and has fair pricing.

You are certainly welcome to call Kimberly from the Volt team. She knows us well. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Stefan, WTF?

You buy the car in MD and you ship it down to Cali. Why in the world would it matter what this dealer does for service and parts???

Even if you live in MD, it doesn't matter what their service and parts are like in terms of buying a Volt because you can buy your stinking parts from anywhere you want and get your Volt serviced by anyone you want. Did you think someone in California needed to drive their Volt back to MD for every service and part if they bought from MD???

This dealer is selling new Volts based on price on a national scales. Get with the program and quit messing with him.

Stefan,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Picked up my new Volt from Stefan at Criswell yesterday - Awesome!

I saw Stefan's post about needing to move some Volts. I was planning on getting one from Stingray, but MD is much closer to me (and it happened to be on the way home from vacation in VA).

This was a great experience - Stefan was a great guy, not your usual car salesman, and straightforward with anything. He worked up all the numbers I needed, explained where every penny went. The deal was $239/mo for a base Volt plus tax, title, fees. I ended up at $308/mo (base Volt plus backup camera), nothing down, $633 (security plus 1st payment) for a 24 month 10k lease.

I've gone to several Volt dealers in NJ, but none of them could come close to this deal (obviously didn't sell enough Volts to get GM's incentive) and at each one I ended up knowing more about the car than the sales guy (even though a few of them were their dealer's 'Volt expert'). Not the case with Stefan - this guy knew everything I threw at him and answered every question on the car (he has one by the way).

Someone was questioning if the dealership was capable of maintenance on the Volts at Criswell. I won't be going back there because it's too far away, but if I did live close I would be confident. They have a beautiful dealership and I've never seen so many Corvettes. I guess that is their specialty. If they have techs that can handle the high end Corvettes, I'd have to believe they can handle the Volts.

Overall it was a great experience. If you need a Volt and you live in the NE, I would call Stefan ASAP. He may sound a bit quirky on the phone, but you'll get it when you meet him. He is a great guy who seems to be a big fan of these cars. We need more sales guys like him. Thanks Stefan!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am not sure of the exact figures used and I am not going to get into exact specifics here because I am not a finance manager.
Hi Stefan,

It would probably be beneficial to you as well as any potential customers (like myself) to consult with your finance manager and spell out all of the numbers requested above.

If you believe customers appreciate transparency when conducting a transaction then spending 5 minutes with your finance manager to go over the numbers could result in a considerable amount of sales for you.

Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stefan, WTF?

You buy the car in MD and you ship it down to Cali. Why in the world would it matter what this dealer does for service and parts???

Even if you live in MD, it doesn't matter what their service and parts are like in terms of buying a Volt because you can buy your stinking parts from anywhere you want and get your Volt serviced by anyone you want. Did you think someone in California needed to drive their Volt back to MD for every service and part if they bought from MD???

This dealer is selling new Volts based on price on a national scales. Get with the program and quit messing with him.
I was just trying to be accomodating. I don't think we are interested in shipping anything to California. While we also have the NE1 50 state emissions, it seems to be very confusing selling one there with the paperwork, taxes, rebates, emissions etc.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Volt specials at Criswell Chevrolet through 9/4/12

Hi I just wanted to update everybody as to our specials for this month. We had a great July selling 21 Volt's. We hope to continue strong as we finish out August. We have five 2013's in stock right now and have several that are in transit and soon to be built. If there is any particuilar one that you are looking for, please let me know and I will see what we have available.

Last 2012 Volt. MSRP $39,995. Lease it for $199/24 months with $0 down

http://www.criswellchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/new-2012-Chevrolet-Volt-5dr_HB-Gaithersburg-MD/1723480163

2013 Volt with safety package #1. $274/24 months with $0 down. Summit white and black to choose from.

http://www.criswellchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/new-2013-Chevrolet-Volt-5dr_HB-Gaithersburg-MD/1802167213

http://www.criswellchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/new-2013-Chevrolet-Volt-5dr_HB-Gaithersburg-MD/1801634143

All prices do not include your states tax, tags, and a $200 processing fee. All leases are 10,000 miles a year. Leases are $0 down payment with first months payment and security deposit due at signing.

Thanks
Stefan Kube
Criswell Chevrolet

Phone: 301-212-4492
Text: 301-675-3130
Email: [email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts