GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats right $2500. back of Factory Invoice here at Stingray Chevrolet! Help make us the #1 Volt Dealer in the Country! Call me for info my direct line is (813) 359-5042. Thanks to all of you guys for the nice words about our Dealership here on the Forum! We sure do appreciate it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Man! Anyone in the market needs to get in touch with these guys because my friend that is the local dealer from where I got my car showed me the invoice and the holdback money is not even enough to cover the $2,500.00 under invoice. If they are willing to take a loss like this to sell volts, then I commend them and wish them the best to further the EV cause! I do know that there is the lease cash or cap cost reduction which is really a rebate, but if this is on a straight up purchase and you can get the 0% for 72 months, then this is a steal for anyone in the market.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
After buying TWO Volts from Stingray, I further expanded their envelope by getting one of those cool stealth hitches http://shop.tlcentral.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=157 installed by their body shop (contact Mike Reinhold). I encouraged them to provide one stop shopping and (especially for those purchasing long distance) offer installation concurrent with delivery. They did a great job and charged me a fair price to do so (there is a service code to remove and replace the rear fascia, which is the bulk of the work- and when someone is cutting on your Volt (to make the access hole for the hitch), you DEFINITELY want someone you can trust.

·
Registered
538 Posts
After buying TWO Volts from Stingray, I further expanded their envelope by getting one of those cool stealth hitches http://shop.tlcentral.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=157 installed by their body shop (contact Mike Reinhold). I encouraged them to provide one stop shopping and (especially for those purchasing long distance) offer installation concurrent with delivery. They did a great job and charged me a fair price to do so (there is a service code to remove and replace the rear fascia, which is the bulk of the work- and when someone is cutting on your Volt (to make the access hole for the hitch), you DEFINITELY want someone you can trust.
I was just casually discussing a Volt gathering where we could hire a body shop tech and he'd R&R the bumper so we could install hitches. Looks like you beat me to it! :D So how much was the install?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Dan & Nan: So how much was the [hitch] install?

About $160, if memory serves, including the lighting harness. GM shop guidance dictated that they were not allowed to connect turn signals, due to Volt not being tow-worthy. The only thing I expect to hook up to the hitch, besides the obvious bike rake/cargo carrier, is the dolly that the Volt normally is carried around with (which is only several hundred pounds). Still, it is nice to know I at least have brake light capability for a trailer, if need be. Couldn't be happier with their attention to detail, ensuring the license plate is visible at night by (slightly) moving lights to accommodate flipping plate holder.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This pricing is just discount from Stingray no rebates, so you can also get the 0% for up to 72 Months depending on your local market!

·
Registered
117 Posts
The Stingray post really doesn't say anything. Sentence 1: "$2500. (<- period)". Sentence 2: "Back OF (not OFF) factory invoice...". It's nonsense. If you really call them on it, they will have some explanation, and it will NOT be $7,000 off. :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Dan & Nan: So how much was the [hitch] install?

About $160, if memory serves, including the lighting harness. GM shop guidance dictated that they were not allowed to connect turn signals, due to Volt not being tow-worthy. The only thing I expect to hook up to the hitch, besides the obvious bike rake/cargo carrier, is the dolly that the Volt normally is carried around with (which is only several hundred pounds). Still, it is nice to know I at least have brake light capability for a trailer, if need be. Couldn't be happier with their attention to detail, ensuring the license plate is visible at night by (slightly) moving lights to accommodate flipping plate holder.
Thanks for the info Mark. It'll be great to add some utility to the Volt with a hitch.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I agree....No one and I repeat No one is taking a loss on selling a car.....any car...not just the Volt......You have to be careful that the dealership is not stocking the car in and then taking the Tax Credit themselves....Check your title.....Ask the question before you buy.....If its tooo Good to be True......It NEVER is.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys theres no catch on the Deal, you can ask any of the other Board Member here who have purchased from us. The Deal is $2500. back of Factory Invoice. There is no qualifying, no loss of anything, and no Demo's, the only problem I am having is trying to keep up with demand at this point. I do not know of any other Dealers in the Country that are offering these prices, also our Dealer Fee here at Stingray Chevrolet is only $99. call your local Dealer and ask them how much there's is you will find out most Dealers are anywhere from $499. to $899. I hope this clears up any confusion, there are no tricks! I am really suprised at The Programmer Guy and Neal Diamond (Love that name) are questioning this, i'm not sure how I could make it any clearer. Any Questions my direct line is (813) 359-5042. We love our Volts and our Volt Customers here at Stingray Chevrolet!! help make us the Number 1 Volt Dealer in the Country!!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Well, at least make your grammar correct, its 2500 OFF from factory invoice or about 4k-4.4K off MSRP depending on the options

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Allright $2500. OFF from Factory Invoice, sorry you have to excuse my Grammar LOL. BTW I have been with GM since 1977 heck I had a Vega Demo. So I am an Old Guy that just Loves the New Volt, plus I have been in the business most my life so I do have the experience to make the transaction very easy for you. Thanks again to all of you for your support and Love of the Volt!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought one from Stingray. 2012 with less than 100 miles on it. Sticker was 4500 fully loaded. I paid 4100. I drove to Florida to pick it up with no problem.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You may have noticed my other thread, but I can vouch for Charles and Stingray, too, and my Volt was delivered to Arizona. $4000 off MSRP and according to TrueCar, below dealer invoice and cost. Feel free to PM me and I can share more transaction details.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Allright $2500. OFF from Factory Invoice, sorry you have to excuse my Grammar LOL. BTW I have been with GM since 1977 heck I had a Vega Demo. So I am an Old Guy that just Loves the New Volt, plus I have been in the business most my life so I do have the experience to make the transaction very easy for you. Thanks again to all of you for your support and Love of the Volt!
If it's true then I sincerely apologize. And also, I may be calling you in a year or two for a new one :).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks shrink and Dekka37 for coming to my defense! TheprogramerGuy call me in a year or two when your ready for a New One. The last thing I want to do here on this Forum is to post any misleading info or false prices. While Good news travels Fast Bad News travels even faster on Forums and I would never do anything to hurt our Good Name here at Stingray Chevrolet. I also understand that we frustrate and irritate other Dealers with our Volt Pricing and Low Dealer Fees but as I have stated many times here on the Forum, we are truly trying to be the #1 Volt Dealer in the U.S. and we are going to be extremely aggresive on our Pricing. Volts Rock!!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts