GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well, unless there's a HUGE amount they're not telling, I don't think that will be mass-produced by '09. They have an Elise test-mule, but don't yet have a design of their own, and the market for 2-seaters you need to be an acrobat to get out of is somewhat limited.

If they don't have a vehicle platform completely engineered with a few prototype builds on the road now for testing, they're not going to have a viable vehicle in mass production in '09, even if they have the electric drive bits sorted.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Although Malaysia has better tolerances for westerners compared to other Arab countries, it is one of the breeding grounds for people that would want to wipe out most westerners. It would be switching items. Instead of oil, we would now be getting the electric cars and giving funds which will end up in the hands of the same people that hate us. I am not sure that I am enthusiastic about buying electric vehicles from such a country, nor interested in the amount of carbon spent transporting those vehicles across the big tub.

Malaysia to their credit has good counter-terrorism program, and is no longer member of OPEC, as they are now net importers of petroleum. The not so good part is the ecological devastation havoc on sensitive lands that were converted over to African Oil Palm for the production of biodiesel.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Doesn't Detroit Electric have some sort of relationship with ZAP?

I thought I read that somewhere but I can't seem to find it now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Experienced CEO

From their website, "A British National, Albert Lam is a veteran automotive and technology executive who joined the ZAP Board of Directors in October of 2007 and stepped down from his position as CEO of Lotus Engineering...". That's encouraging.

StephenB

·
Registered
636 Posts
The Hat Fits

Malaysia is a Muslim nation, not Arabic. And partially Islamic, at that. Arab is a race/culture, Islam is a religion, and Malaysia is a location on the earth. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts