GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
20,023 Posts
3 year warranty is the max out there. Any with a lesser warranty ignore. Clipper Creek EVSE's are popular. I have a Siemens Versacharge that's performing well.

BTW the difference between a charger and an EVSE (charge cord):
Charger-vs.-EVSE.jpg Charger-vs.-EVSE 2.jpg

·
Registered
84 Posts
Are you looking for the actual cord w/ J1772 plug to replace another or an EVSE?

·
Administrator
20,023 Posts
He's looking for a 240V EVSE

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
What year is your current EVSE?

Most older ones (2013+) can be modified to do 110 or 220. Newer ones only need an adapter.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
BTW the difference between a charger and an EVSE (charge cord):
Actually, on the Gen2 the onboard charger is located in a much better place under the rear cargo area. Out of harms way from front bumper impact damage. Sorry no fancy line drawings or cutaways to share.

VIN # B0985

·
Administrator
20,023 Posts
Actually, on the Gen2 the onboard charger is located in a much better place under the rear cargo area. Out of harms way from front bumper impact damage. Sorry no fancy line drawings or cutaways to share.

VIN # B0985
This is the closest image of it's new location in the rear that I could find:

2016-chevrolet-volt_voltec system.jpg

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
What is the best one to buy? Reliability warranty etc.
My Chargepoint EVSE failed and I replaced it with the OpenEVSE. Managed to save money by recycling both the J1772 connector and the power cable (that I had put 230V plug onto). My full price was about $275 because of that. However, if you aren't comfortable with a do-it-yourself kit then you can buy a fully assembled one for more. Overall I like it. Also added the wifi adapter so I can see a dashboard of utilization.

·
Registered
907 Posts
There is no best. Clipper Creek are basic and reliable, many people like them. I have three. They all work fine. Made in the US.
Browse even Home Depot (Electric Car Chargers) on line for many additional features, makes and models.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
My Clipper Creek is over 3 years old and has been flautless

Easily charging two Volt's

Great warranty and Customer Service (that is seldom needed) and made in the USA. That was important to me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I love my clipper creek EVSE for the warranty and made in the USA. That being said, check www.amazon.com for some good deals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts