Super Moderator
6,278 Posts

·
Registered
16,17 volt
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
go figure
GM presents a electric truck and their stocks rebound to where they were a year ago
kinda validates what i been saying

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Enough people liked what they saw and the first year production reservations sold out in an hour. How many is that? No one knows.
Around 5000?
$100 refundable deposits aren't much of a commitment. Now, reserve a Tesla Roadster for $50,000? Commitment!

·
Administrator
20,210 Posts
GM is saying they will make money on the Hummer EV.

·
Registered
16,17 volt
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
i heard that it was a video rendering used for reveal, kind of wonder if it was GM way of testing the waters

·
Registered
2018 Volt Premier w/ACC
478 Posts
Other than as a technology demo platform, I have zero interest in this truck or being a road warrior in a tux. When GM translates this vehicle into a 5 passenger, daily driver that is affordable, I'll be listening.

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts
i heard that it was a video rendering used for reveal, kind of wonder if it was GM way of testing the waters
From the article in my post #21 above:
GM played what appeared to be a 6-minute CGI video of the Hummer EV tackling tough terrain.

·
Registered
16,17 volt
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Title: GM Admits It Doesn't Actually Have A Real, Working Hummer EV Yet
knew i saw it somewhere :unsure:
ya the price is high, but you got to start somewhere
kinda like the 4k tv that came out first, think they where like 30 grand for the big screen
now they are 1000 bucks
all GM did is drew a line in the sand and threw it out there to see what happens

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes even the swag was very fun. The book and camera in the box was outstanding.

But the customer service to make sure we were happy and the cars were preforming was beyond my expectations. Changed my ideas about what Chevrolet and GM stood for. Glad you like the Bolt. I just need something to pull my little vintage Boler trailer. It is only about 1,200 lbs. but the Volt says do not tow so will need something since my old volvo is getting old...

Truly appreciate you feed back here on the forum these years.
Wait, there is a Chevy Volt Book?! And a camera?
I'm new to the Volt family, so I missed out on all of the Swag.

I was familiar with the Volt, but didn't have my own car for much of the 2010s. Life changed (moved where a car is a necessity) and finally realized this earlier year that it was perfect for my use-case of needing a car for short trips for sundries (EV mode) + occasional road trips (Electric/Gas) so I picked up a 2015 Volt . I've definitely fallen for this car - it is my favorite car since my first ('87 Rabbit GTI) and may become my all time favorite.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Yah, the Hummer price is high but that's for the top of the line. They all do that, Tesla, VW. You sell to the people willing to pay top dollar for all the bells and whistles first, then more stripped down model for cheaper next, then lastly the base model where you make the least money to those people who at sitting at the bottom of that price range.

·
Administrator
20,210 Posts
First year Volt swag came in a nice box with a book, brochure, camera

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Title: GM Admits It Doesn't Actually Have A Real, Working Hummer EV Yet
GM has working Hummers, just not in final production form. One year out it's about time for the mules to hit the road. No need to camouflage them though.

·
Registered
16,17 volt
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
thought it was still a work in progress truck, till they started the burn out :)
I take back every thing I said bad about GMC. -and I mean that-
i would also like to think that this forum and the passion you people have for EV's was also part of the process to this trucks arrival.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts