GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
20,183 Posts
"Sales of the Hummer pickup are expected to begin shortly after production starts at a Detroit factory next fall. GM will begin taking reservations and $100 refundable deposits for the vehicle starting Tuesday night. An SUV version of the Hummer is expected sometime after the pickup."

So... Dec 2021 deliveries?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
i wonder after the lack of response on this forum
It's been on every media feed out there. Nothing to say until the show us the darn thing but I for one AM looking forward to seeing it.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I'll watch. I have a cybertruck deposit and would consider a Hummer if there's a price (value) competitive version.

·
Registered
345 Posts
The truck would make a perfect addition to my Volt (which I will never give up). I have been wanting to give up my current tow vehicle for my trailer. But worry they will just abandon this one like they did the Volt. They volt is the first GM product I have owned in over 40 years of driving. I was blown away by the amazing customer care we got on the level 1 Volts. Made me think GM was a great company to deal with. But not sure if they don't keep great products in their line.

Roy Volt #1019

·
Administrator
20,183 Posts
The support, service and swag I got with my 2011 Volt also blew me away, Voltowner. So much so, I also bought a Bolt which has been very good over the past 3 years. We are essentially gas free between the Volt and Bolt. A Hummer EV is not for me, but it could be for others.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yes even the swag was very fun. The book and camera in the box was outstanding.

But the customer service to make sure we were happy and the cars were preforming was beyond my expectations. Changed my ideas about what Chevrolet and GM stood for. Glad you like the Bolt. I just need something to pull my little vintage Boler trailer. It is only about 1,200 lbs. but the Volt says do not tow so will need something since my old volvo is getting old...

Truly appreciate you feed back here on the forum these years.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
It's pricier than I thought - the base model is $80K and won't be available till 2024. Cybertruck it is.

·
Administrator
20,183 Posts

·
Administrator
20,183 Posts
For those who want to geek out

·
Administrator
20,183 Posts
another focused more on various exterior and interior features

·
Registered
16,17 volt
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can see me driving that
my only question, does it have a heated steering wheel

·
Super Moderator
6,277 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

·
Administrator
20,183 Posts
Enough people liked what they saw and the first year production reservations sold out in an hour. How many is that? No one knows.

·
Registered
16,17 volt
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i would think thats a good thing, better than no interest
its funny, i went into my local chevy dealership to pick up some dexcool for my heater pump swap yesterday and it was, one of those moment for me. over the years ive gotten to know the parts manager quite well and we have had our conversations over new products and stuff. but yesterday when i walked in, the parts counter and service counter and the counter where you drop off and pick up cars are all in sight of each other and not so much ear distance. so as i was standing at the parts counter and all i did was mention hummer and the whole place goes quite. i look up and everyone that works there are looking at me and becouse they were looking at me now all the customers are looking at me. course my first thought was, is their toilet paper or some thing dragging behind me :) and as quick as it started, it ended and everyone went back to their business and i went about mine. it was the parts person that told me that the reveil was later that night for the hummer. just another moment in time for me.
my volt was the only one sold out of that dealership, wonder if that had something to do with it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sheesh... how can I hate on the wasteful Hummer brand if it's an EV??? ;)

I think this could be a big deal for GM, assuming they don't screw it up.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts