GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I own two volts a 2014 and 2019, the 14 is still getting 36miles per charge. The 19 has never reached the 53 miles per charge as advertise. The best it done is up to 45 it has less the 5k and still under the warranty. I have taken it to the dealer, that has say that is the best it will do. Call GM and got the run around. Is this normal, so use to the 14 getting good miles. Suggetions please. Oh yes both this car are in southern Ca.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
TBH, the only way I get the EPA range out of my Bolt is
It's warm outside
Don't use HVAC except the blower
Don't drive on the freeway, and don't spend as much as half the miles at 55.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Since you have a 2014, I assume you know that how and where you drive has an affect on range. I'll also assume that the driving conditions are the same for both the 2014 and the 2019. If you do a little math, the results you are getting on the 2019 are not unexpected.

I believe the estimated range of the 2014 was a little below what it actually is documented due to battery improvements and such over the original 2012 models. Therefore, I would give it a estimated range of 41 miles. Now the math:

36/41 = 0.88 or 88% of estimated range.

45/53 = 0.85 or 85% of estimated range.

I see nothing wrong with your 2019.

·
Registered
2018 Volt Premier w/ACC
440 Posts
Hi, I own two volts a 2014 and 2019, the 14 is still getting 36miles per charge. The 19 has never reached the 53 miles per charge as advertise. The best it done is up to 45 it has less the 5k and still under the warranty. I have taken it to the dealer, that has say that is the best it will do. Call GM and got the run around. Is this normal, so use to the 14 getting good miles. Suggetions please. Oh yes both this car are in southern Ca.
I would expect much higher out of both cars. We regularly would get ~42mi electric range with our 2013 and are currently getting ~65mi range with our 2018. This is local driving in hilly country. Almost all in L, normal.

Some differences that could be eating away at range are: high speed driving, AC always on, and a heavy foot on the pedal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts