GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I misread it but over the summer I swear articles said the 2019 would have some new seat upholstery pattern options. When I did the whole build and price on chevrolet.com last week maybe I missed it but I didnt see any new options on upholstery. Is there different options this new model year?

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Maybe I misread it but over the summer I swear articles said the 2019 would have some new seat upholstery pattern options. When I did the whole build and price on chevrolet.com last week maybe I missed it but I didnt see any new options on upholstery. Is there different options this new model year?
The 2019 Volt LT has a new fabric pattern for the cloth seats.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I believe it's a new interior color: Jet Black/Porcelain Blue. It's only applicable on the Premier which only has leather interior available.

·
Registered
485 Posts
In addition to eliminating the tan leather interior and adding the "porcelain blue", Chevy changed the fabric pattern on the LT base seats to a more subtle wavy pattern, rather than the old "turtle shell" look. I like the changes to the cloth seat design a lot. Honestly I took forever to get my Volt because I wanted to find a good deal on one with leather seats not because I dislike fabric, but because the fabric pattern was a bit garish. The new pattern is much cleaner.

Compare cloth in 2018:

2018 Volt Interior.jpg

2019:
Volt Grey Seats.jpg

·
Registered
294 Posts
In addition to eliminating the tan leather interior and adding the "porcelain blue", Chevy changed the fabric pattern on the LT base seats to a more subtle wavy pattern, rather than the old "turtle shell" look. I like the changes to the cloth seat design a lot. Honestly I took forever to get my Volt because I wanted to find a good deal on one with leather seats not because I dislike fabric, but because the fabric pattern was a bit garish. The new pattern is much cleaner.
I agree with this 100%. Comparing the cloth versus the leather the leather looks so much better.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
after seeing the cloth on the 2018, knowing there's a pattern change, I decided to go with leather on my 2019. I thought I could make the switch as I have leather on my 2012 volt, just my personal preference

1 - 7 of 7 Posts