GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2019 Volt off the showroom floor. Three weeks later it suddenly lost power as I was on a busy highway during rush hour. I thought I was going to be rear-ended. An error message flashed "Power Propulsion Reduced" for a few seconds. The car seemed to regain power but was a little hesitant. A little later the error appeared again as my Volt completely died where it took 2.5 hours for My Chevrolet to tow it to the dealership. No warnings from On Star or My Chevrolet diagnostics. It took two days before the dealership would issue me a rental car and it has been over 5 weeks since the Volt was operational. I drove my brand new Volt for 3 weeks and it has been in the shop being repaired for over 5 weeks with no updates on when it will be ready. GM has refused to refund my money, give me a new Volt that works and "will not authorize a trade in". They insist fixing the car on warranty is good enough and I should eat the depreciation and expenses such as gas, car payments, etc. However, it has been over 5 weeks and they haven't been able to fix it yet on warranty. They are saying the part is not available. Is there an undeclared problem /recall with the 2019 Volt?

I purchased a north American car because I thought I would be getting better customer service and stress free repairs (lower cost of parts and shorter repair time). However, GM has provided the worst customer care I could imagine for new vehicle after three weeks of use. This leads me to believe they are coming across this problem more frequently than they are admitting. Is anyone else experiencing similar problems with GM?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I also have a ‘19 Volt, and it’s been fantastic.
I hope your issue gets resolved!
-Any updates?
I’d post your message in the Generation 2 forum.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Somewhat unhelpful, but this can happen to ANY brand...

I once purchased a brand new Suzuki motorcycle.....a 'known' reliable Japanese brand...it was in the dealer more than on the road for a year and a half........I am STILL riding both my 39 year old Yamahas......

Fyi our '17 Volt , with 11K miles (3k when purchased in late Dec) has been running like a champ......Hopefully your service department, and Chevrolet are as good as my local dealer....Chevrolet 112 have been.........hopefully you'll both be on the road again, soon....good luck!
PS THIS is one of the reasons why I am MORE likely to buy a 'gently' used....or even 'refurbished' anything.....teething troubles have hopefully been ironed out, by the time I get my grubby hands on it.....whatever 'it' might be....so far, my theory is holding good !!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I purchased a 2019 Volt off the showroom floor. Three weeks later it suddenly lost power as I was on a busy highway during rush hour. I thought I was going to be rear-ended. An error message flashed "Power Propulsion Reduced" for a few seconds. The car seemed to regain power but was a little hesitant. A little later the error appeared again as my Volt completely died where it took 2.5 hours for My Chevrolet to tow it to the dealership. No warnings from On Star or My Chevrolet diagnostics. It took two days before the dealership would issue me a rental car and it has been over 5 weeks since the Volt was operational. I drove my brand new Volt for 3 weeks and it has been in the shop being repaired for over 5 weeks with no updates on when it will be ready. GM has refused to refund my money, give me a new Volt that works and "will not authorize a trade in". They insist fixing the car on warranty is good enough and I should eat the depreciation and expenses such as gas, car payments, etc. However, it has been over 5 weeks and they haven't been able to fix it yet on warranty. They are saying the part is not available. Is there an undeclared problem /recall with the 2019 Volt?

I purchased a north American car because I thought I would be getting better customer service and stress free repairs (lower cost of parts and shorter repair time). However, GM has provided the worst customer care I could imagine for new vehicle after three weeks of use. This leads me to believe they are coming across this problem more frequently than they are admitting. Is anyone else experiencing similar problems with GM?
How about an update on this post??

·
Registered
33 Posts

Just wait till you get the update and the rest of the infotainment stops working all together. Mine had an update shortly after I purchased the car. Nothing has worked right since that update. This is stupid. First they put in a radio that can not be updated at all. then they update it and screw it up completely with updates in your drive way or garage. in theory great idea. in practice not a good idea. Especially with all the hacking from russia and china going on now. Plus the people trying to steal your identity trying to hack into your wifi all the time. So Chevy gets a Gold Star for stupid.
So now I have a engine light on my dash for over a week and no part to fix it so I keep driving the car. No radio, no connection to my phone even though it is plugged into the dash through the usb connection. Dealer says it is safe. And I still have my GARMIN on the dash. Yet another story of the great infotainment system. Oh and by the way all you infotainment users. You will need a new phone soon because you are constantly plugging into the dash of your car and unplugging. Especially if you have to use the map gps feature with google in your car with your dash screen. The new infotainment update wipes that out and the chevy app too. More fun fun fun. So now all my friends are mad at me because I am singing in the car all the time to entertain myself and the people riding with me. Fun for me and others?
Why is it I can put a map gps into my car right now with a new module I am told but it will cost me $1000.00. This is one expensive module I guess but you know after i spend that $1000.00 I have to pay to have it installed! Yes they will have to install it in your car but the people who sell this $1000.00 dollar moduel dont install the item, plus it probably will cost $500 for the install. But you will have map gps in your car along with what you have now.
So no more plugging in your phone that does not get plugged in to charge it but you have to ruin your phones plug in part then make it useless and force you to upgrade to a new phone that will have to do the same thing when most phones are going to wireless charging and what will happen when the phone makers stop putting in a charging port because all phones are going to be wireless charging? And Chevy has to plug in the phone to make it work and give you map gps instruction. Short sighted isn't it.
And to top it off what happens when Google starts charging for map gps services?
Everyone is going to monthly charges for things they are using on the internet. Microsoft introduced a free program you could create documents online for free, oops no now they charge for a new named product ms 365. I am still using, and will till I die, Windows Office 98 and 2007 when i cant open a newer document. Why go to the stupid, less than the older menu ability to change documents or dress them up PROGRAM. When you can alter all parts of your document with the older program and do it in english not some stupid :poop::cool::mad:. Ribbons were used to complicate the program and make older users NUTS.
Well Chevy is onboard. They are trying to drive us nuts with the lack of understanding what drivers really want not varoom cars with loud mufflers but a car that does what it is suppose to and does it reliably all the time. Not some electrical system designed here and manufactured in china. Stop your putting those chinese people to work while laying off our USA workers who want to work and need to work. You are cutting your own throat. you give the design away for your product to a communist country whose people could never afford your cars. While you try to sell your cars to people who have no job to be able to afford your car because you send your manufacturing of parts for the cars you want to sell us to china. While your main market is in the USA. Some in Canada and Mexico but not many car sales in China... or India.... or even in the UK because they call us Fat Overweight tons of blubber, bloody cows. And sell their junk here cars that cant meet our standards for air pollution and manufacturing pollution as well. And they buy those fuel hogs and sit on the roads in traffic jams reeving those 900 hp engines causing more air pollution and cursing out the people driving electric cars.
Just turn on that stupid program with the 3 over weight, lazy, cows that are the people telling you what to buy as far as cars go and their proof is how fast some nameless driver can go around a circle with some car that most everyone could not ever afford. Nothing about the economy or the durability who makes the parts that go into the car and so much more is put aside for stupid jokes about how fat Americans are and how smart a british person is. When the Brits are having economy problems like the USA.
Lastly Chevy wants us to buy American but they send out all the manufacturing jobs they can because of cheap labor. But remember the people who have jobs buy cars to get to and from work. Cutting your cost cuts your employees and cuts your income because you have no one to buy your products. Simple isn't it when you think of it. So i again ask Chevy WHY???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts