GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
ohhh, power lumbar control... take my money :)

·
Administrator
20,460 Posts
7,2 kW charging, camera rear view, power seat, lumbar support, -13flF ERDTT setting option, switchable ACC/standard cruise. So, nothing new according to some, lol.

·
Registered
444 Posts
7,2 kW charging, camera rear view, power seat, lumbar support, -13flF ERDTT setting option, switchable ACC/standard cruise. So, nothing new according to some, lol.
Power seats with driver's lumbar plus 7.2 kW charging are way overdue - glad to see GM actually bringing the Volt up to spec.

Where did you see the -13 F ERDTT option? I browsed through the options and didn't see anything specifically on that.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
These are some significant upgrades. Would really like to see the new blue interior. I'm also wondering if the car will get a cosmetic facelift. I've always been a bit ambivalent about the Gen 2 exterior.

Actually, I really hope I'm not taken by any of it, because a power seat + LUMBAR support could almost tempt me to make a very costly decision of trading in my 9 month-old 2017.

·
Registered
907 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Looks like no cosmetic upgrade. One thing I'm wondering -- the new "regen on demand" and "low" profiles that supposedly have "smoother" operation and increased regen--wouldn't this just be a simple software or firmware update? Would it require any new hardware? I'm wondering the same about adding the new energy info app.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ah man! They removed the black/tan interior!! That is what we wanted. Looked so upscale we thought. Maybe the black/blue will look really good. But will need to see photos...hard to imagine what kind of blue it will be.

·
Registered
17 Posts
BOP Smartphone interface, vehicule entry, start and operation

Sounds like the 2019 can use your smartphone as a key like a Model 3!

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
BOP Smartphone interface, vehicule entry, start and operation

Sounds like the 2019 can use your smartphone as a key like a Model 3!
It certainly does seem that way. I wonder if you will have to authenticate via a PIN or Touch Id to be able to unlock, start the Volt.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
... Actually, I really hope I'm not taken by any of it, because a power seat + LUMBAR support could almost tempt me to make a very costly decision of trading in my 9 month-old 2017.
It would be a lot less costly to go over to the Parts Department and order a 2019 seat.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Boy, that Pacific blue looks boring compared to Kinetic Blue. Why do car companies make such boring colors these days?

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Boy, that Pacific blue looks boring compared to Kinetic Blue. Why do car companies make such boring colors these days?
Heh, I discovered last week that my wife _still_ remembered that the Volt blue is called kinetic.

(Our 2013 is silver. My wife is still bitter that they dropped blue for 2014. And of course blue was the promo color for the Gen 2, because a good blue is the best color)

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
It's the -13*F ERDTT and 7.2kW that make it more EV, but if you live somewhere warm, and don't have the opportunity to benefit from faster charging, then they don't seem like a big deal and you'd be more likely to cry that there's no moar range.

Personally -13*F ERDTT would make a substantial difference, and the 7.2kW charging _could_ be useful.
ERDTT + 53 EPA AER would make it an almost year-round all-electric commuter for me.
If they added express up to all windows, it'd be even more tempting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like no cosmetic upgrade. One thing I'm wondering -- the new "regen on demand" and "low" profiles that supposedly have "smoother" operation and increased regen--wouldn't this just be a simple software or firmware update? Would it require any new hardware? I'm wondering the same about adding the new energy info app.
An update would be nice for other gen 2s. I don’t use those regen features due to the way they are configured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
And probably a whole-vehicle wiring harness.
If the seat controls are on the side of the seat itself, like they are on the Cruze, you'd maybe need to add an extra +12v wire from one of the fuse boxes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone know when dealers will first start to see volts on their lot? I recall seeing in one of the threads that production was to begin on 8/20/18.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts