GM Volt Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Early in the 2019 build cycle, GM announced they were discontinuing the Volt, I imagine the workers were facing layoffs or furloughs, so motivition wasn’t there, people were transferring to other jobs, causing folks who were working other parts of the line to fill in. So quality dropped...purely a guess.
Yeah, I guess, I'm just super bummed as I was sold on the 2019 as initially it seemed better on surveys and had quite a few updates but that red flag is a concern. On the plus side, the 2018s are considerably cheaper.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Early in the 2019 build cycle, GM announced they were discontinuing the Volt, I imagine the workers were facing layoffs or furloughs, so motivition wasn’t there, people were transferring to other jobs, causing folks who were working other parts of the line to fill in. So quality dropped...purely a guess.
Transferring to what other jobs? You are assuming there were other jobs to go to. The motivation to do their jobs well is that they hope they can be hired for what ever is the replacement, see the documentary, An American Factory on Netflix.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Does your G8 have a manual tranny? I would kill for one of those or a Chevy SS. Sadly, I had a kid in college when those were new, so my pennies went to her college education rather than my dream car. Now, I am forced to scour used car sites. I would love to import a Holden Commodore wagon with a stick from Australia. Why they never sold those here is a mystery. Today, the only way to get a stick shift in something new is one of the Cadillac Vs, a pony car, Hellcat, a Wranger, some other pickups, or an econobox.
No it is an automatic. Best car I've had other than the Volt.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,923 Posts
No it is an automatic. Best car I've had other than the Volt.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
I have a very rare Cadillac CTS (not a CTS-V) with a 5 speed manual transmission. It looks sweet and doesn’t scare the living daylights out of me when I floor it - just the way I like it. I’ve driven a V around a racetrack at a Cadillac sponsored event and OMG was it fast, but the experience convinced me that I shouldn’t own one. I’d be too tempted to do something stupid and hurt somebody. I guess the same goes for the G8 and SS. I can continue to dream of owning one someday, but I probably shouldn’t.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts