GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
It's funny reading the comments. The most I've gotten on my Gen 1 Volt was just over 70 miles, but I believe that was technically "cheating." The best I did on an A-B-A trip was 60 miles. Of course, I could regularly do 50 miles on a charge, which is still well above EPA.

I do wonder how much of a difference in sales it would make if GM could fiddle with the Volt's battery chemistry and get the range up to an EPA-rated 80 miles. In my opinion, it's already a better vehicle than any of the other PHEV (required formats such as vans or SUVs being the exception), but it seems like (when polled), most Americans want a minimum of 80 to 100 miles of range. At this point, I'm done with gasoline completely, but even a Volt like that would make pause and consider it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
My best recorded A-B-A range was 70.2 miles with 2 miles left on the EV meter: just a hair shy of empty. That was when I told GPS to avoid highways and it took me on all 30-55 MPH country roads.

Mike

·
Registered
657 Posts
You can do REALLY well in a Volt when the road is all downhill :)........

·
Registered
513 Posts
You can do REALLY well in a Volt when the road is all downhill :)........
That's why they're talking about A - B - A trips . . . . which are the only ones which mean anything if you're checking for your max range

Don

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
My best in my 2016 is 75 miles, rt, just a mile short of getting home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts