GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Finally! Faster charging and a powered driver's seat for those who wished for these. I happen to fall into the group that neither needs faster charging nor needs a powered seat. I love my Volt without them. However, I would like to have Android Auto....

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey, it's all good.
By the way, I got my "invite" to configure and order my Tesla AWD Model 3 today. BUT......I have decided to wait and see what the Model Y and other models upcoming are going to offer. And by "other models".....my search will include GM and others as well.
One thing I am watching closely as well, is what others are going to be doing about a charging "network" similar to what Tesla already offers. For potential travelers that might be even more important than the actual vehicle!

·
Registered
2017 Volt Premier 70k+ Miles
521 Posts
Sweet! I also like that they added the digital rear view mirror display like in the Bolt. Damn, now I want the new model....

·
Registered
659 Posts
Sweet! I also like that they added the digital rear view mirror display like in the Bolt. Damn, now I want the new model....
Just all part of making GM Great Again !?

·
Registered
675 Posts
I think this is a big deal even though for most drivers, it will rarely make a difference.

With this change the Volt fully supports the [email protected] 6.6kw pubic charging infrastructure, as well as the [email protected] 7.2kw which allows for 24 miles/hour charging.

It will let people on road trip drive electric at their destinations after a much shorter charging time. It will let really heavy duty drivers easily go 100 miles a day on electric.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Nice that GM has added 7.2kW charging capability and finally offers an option for a power driver's seat. What I really am interested in learning is if GM improved the comfort of the seats in the Bolt, added adaptive cruise control to the Bolt for 2019.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I set my driver's seat once, don't really need it to be electric for that. It takes me 1.5 to 2 hours to charge my Volt at home after driving into town for supplies. I could use faster charging once a month when I go to a car meeting a couple of towns over. Not a big deal really. My phone is pay as you go so Android Auto is not a big deal. Unless you give me a 600 mile 4WD whatever (CUV) I'm good.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Hey, it's all good.
By the way, I got my "invite" to configure and order my Tesla AWD Model 3 today. BUT......I have decided to wait and see what the Model Y and other models upcoming are going to offer. And by "other models".....my search will include GM and others as well.
One thing I am watching closely as well, is what others are going to be doing about a charging "network" similar to what Tesla already offers. For potential travelers that might be even more important than the actual vehicle!
You are part of the reason Tesla is in trouble. They had a huge window, and missed the opening. Now the competition will start to appear.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Nice set of tweaks. I’ve often opined on this forum about a higher speed charger. Glad to see it. SWMBO and I keep the drivers seat in about the same spot. So a power drivers seat hasn’t been a big need for us. Nonetheless a lot of folks have asked for it.

Now if GM Performance Parts would just offer a charger upgrade kit for us 2016-2018 (heck - even Gen 1) owners...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Seemingly nothing about new colors as was previously predicted.
Another article I read said:

New Pacific Blue Metallic exterior color is available.
New Jet Black/Porcelain Blue interior is offered on Premier.
Photos on the web seem to suggest Pacific Blue is very similar to Kinetic Blue. I wonder if it replaces it.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Some needed tweaks but not enough to get me to trade in my almost paid for 2017. And my 2017 has wireless charging unless they mean its now standard or available on the LT's.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Too bad this is all they did. Appearance has always been an issue with me. Would have been nice to update the front and back to look a little less like a Cruze or older Civic. Given this is all they did, after 3 model years, I think this is how the Volt will go out in 2 years. Really, faster charging is the only real change since 2016. The Gen 2 was just done to recoup the Gen 1 investment. It was a cost reduction project only- no passion for the car at all. I think the Volt deserved more.

·
Registered
659 Posts
You are part of the reason Tesla is in trouble. They had a huge window, and missed the opening. Now the competition will start to appear.
I haven't given up on Tesla just yet, as they have a significant lead over others...especially with their constantly expanding charging network. But since they are having difficulty meeting demand......this is a "window" of opportunity for others to get in the game.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I think these changes help bring the car more up market. It will help justify the higher effective price point after the federal tax subsidy expires. People are expecting a power seat in that price range.

I wonder what this announcement means about when the 2019 will be available to buy. I would think pretty soon. Once they announce new feature for the new model year, I guess that would make buyers much less willing to buy a new 2018 now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just saw this too. Looks to be as expected no major change. I would argue that the existing 2018s are just as good as these changes are minor at best.

Not even better headlights which is sad for a 2019

1 - 20 of 89 Posts