GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 Volt with 5k miles on it just recently threw a P06B1 code and I have searched these forums and come up with zero hits.

I guess this isn't a common event with a typical, well-known fix?

Any and all opinions or suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
232 Posts
My 2019 Volt with 5k miles on it just recently threw a P06B1 code and I have searched these forums and come up with zero hits.

I guess this isn't a common event with a typical, well-known fix?

Any and all opinions or suggestions welcome.
You very likely need a new 12V battery. It seems literally on its very very last legs. Replace ASAP as it could cause serious damage to other systems. This code is typical in GM models and most often indicates a 12V battery that is unable to provide a constant or steady power state. See link below for more details.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Volt Premier 90k+ Miles
803 Posts
P06B1 refers to a voltage less than 12v. Agreed, check or replace the 12v battery first. If not that, it may be an issue with the power inverter, however you're within warranty so that would be covered.

Reactions: WhatAShocker

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I went to the Big Island Chevy dealership today to schedule a warranty check-out and was told that it would take almost a month to get in. UGH! Anyway I went ahead and scheduled an appointment.

The 12V batt looks to have a bit unusual dimensions and recessed terminals and I have to assume it isn't a generic product found at Costco, etc. The batt looks very clean, uncorroded and unswollen. This car only has 9k miles on it. I got it from an Oahu dealership at the first of the year. It had 1k miles on it from the dealership, who told me the dealership manager was driving it once in a while.

And today I discovered that Android Auto isn't working properly. I rebooted my phone and tried another USB cable and each car USB port with the same results. Another Ugh. Charging and Bluetooth connection seem to be happening just fine and the car shows the phone's status on the center screen, but playing audio through the car over Bluetooth doesn't work either.

Anyone have a good source for buying a copy of the official factory service manual for my 2019 Volt? I would like to learn everything I can about this car so I don't have to be totally-dependent on the local dealership (I am on the Big Island of Hawaii so I only have one choice in that department.) Many of the third-party sources of manuals and such on-line look like rip-off artists so I don't know where to go. Even a $500 factory service manual is starting to look like a good deal right now.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies!

·
Registered
2017 Volt Premier 90k+ Miles
803 Posts
The service manual is available via subscription.

And a static version can be bought for under $500 here:

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
The 12V batt looks to have a bit unusual dimensions and recessed terminals and I have to assume it isn't a generic product found at Costco, etc. The batt looks very clean, uncorroded and unswollen. This car only has 9k miles on it. I got it from an Oahu dealership at the first of the year. It had 1k miles on it from the dealership, who told me the dealership manager was driving it once in a while.
It's a Group 47 or H5 battery form factor, with AGM chemistry. Gen 1 and Gen 2 use the same ones. Not the most common, but common enough that most manufacturers make it in at least some of their product lines. You absolutely can get them through CostCo, but it may take a phone call to assure stock or have one ordered for your favorite location.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts