GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I definitely want a 2019 Volt due to the faster charging. I'd go for a Premier with most features, but while black interiors look great, I don't like to dust constantly. So I'm wondering about getting an LT with a gray interior and going for aftermarket leather seats (professionally installed).

Heated steering wheel is an absolute must, so I'll be getting the comfort package.

With an LT -- no way to get lumbar, which only comes with the electric seat? (which in turn is only on a Premier?) And no way to get heated rear seats?

I can upgrade to all the advanced safety features on the LT, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If I go with aftermarket leather... what parts (besides the seats of course) actually get replaced? I'd originally figured I'd stick with a gray tone, but it occurred to me I could get a black interior and get tan seats. But what I don't want is an entirely black interior with just the leather seats added. What on the door panels, dash and anywhere else could get upgraded when doing a leather aftermarket install? I figure I'd go with one of the standard companies that offers professional installation. Katskin, RoadWire (available at Costco)... I have googled for some names but don't know much about this.

Anyone done anything like this? I wish I could see the black/blue leather interior but I can't find them on the floor anywhere.

·
Administrator
20,150 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
By the time you load up an LT with expensive options that are included on a Premier, might as well get a Premier. I'm not sure what your concern with black leather is. We've owned them for 6 years with no problem

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
By the time you load up an LT with expensive options that are included on a Premier, might as well get a Premier. I'm not sure what your concern with black leather is. We've owned them for 6 years with no problem
Yes, I was worried at first about the black leather getting too hot in the summer, but with preconditioning it was never a problem!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts