GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can use the 2018 spare tire kit with a 2019 volt? Dealer and I are having a hard time locating this, then once I checked the manual, sure enough, it basically says you can't change it and have to use the tire sealant/compressor kit. Doesn't even show the lift points. I compared this to the 2017/18 manual which does show the spare tire and lift point info. I can't even check right now if there is still the same storage space in the 2019 for the jack since my (3) day old 2019 is back at the dealer getting the rear backup cam and infotainment system replaced :(

·
Registered
897 Posts
Does anyone know if you can use the 2018 spare tire kit with a 2019 volt? Dealer and I are having a hard time locating this, then once I checked the manual, sure enough, it basically says you can't change it and have to use the tire sealant/compressor kit. Doesn't even show the lift points. I compared this to the 2017/18 manual which does show the spare tire and lift point info. I can't even check right now if there is still the same storage space in the 2019 for the jack since my (3) day old 2019 is back at the dealer getting the rear backup cam and infotainment system replaced :(
I would be shocked if they made any changes to the 2019 that would preclude its use. Same for the lift points. I bet they just decided to dumb down the owners manual and leave that info out.

Does the dealer have any 2018 or earlier gen2's around that it could be compared to?

Congrats on the new Volt! I wish we could have waited a year for the 2019.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts