GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wait is almost over for seeing full details and build options for the 2019 Volt. The Volt page now has a selector of "2019" versus the default of "2018" at https://www.chevrolet.com/electric/volt-plug-in-hybrid but clicking 2019 (as of right now) goes to a bad page. I'm guessing that they are in-progress of updating the site with 2019 info but haven't quite finished. Who knows, this might all be moot by the time anyone reads this post :)

Can't wait to virtually build my 2019 that is scheduled to be actually built next week!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're having a 2019 Volt built?
Yup- as a lemon-law replacement to my 2017 Volt. I placed the order with my salesdude sight unseen and am anxiously awaiting the website's "build" option to see what i'm getting before it's built (TPW is next week).

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I believe the only Volt that GM is building right now, Sept. 11, 2018, is the model year 2019. The 2018 Volt is no longer being manufactured to the best of my knowledge. Its just hard for me to believe that on the same line GM would be building a 2018 Volt alongside a 2019 Volt. I may be wrong, but maybe somebody in this forum has more knowledge on this issue.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations! But you don't know how it will be equipped?
The salesdude had an up-to-date ordering system so he could specify the build, but it was basically just a list of order codes with a small description. I know I'm getting the power seat, the faster charger, the new infotainment (MyLink 3), the black/blue leather interior, but want to see images and read full details that were unavailable at the time of ordering. At this rate, I'll get the actual car delivered before I see any of that.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
The salesdude had an up-to-date ordering system so he could specify the build, but it was basically just a list of order codes with a small description. I know I'm getting the power seat, the faster charger, the new infotainment (MyLink 3), the black/blue leather interior, but want to see images and read full details that were unavailable at the time of ordering. At this rate, I'll get the actual car delivered before I see any of that.
LOL! Let us know, be great to hear from a 2019 owner.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can build a 2019 now. I went to the 2018 build page and just changed it to 2019 in the URL...it worked. You can see the new Porcelain Blue interior, I’m not nearly as impressed as I was with the tan interior of the ‘18. Oh well! https://www.chevrolet.com/byo-vc/client/en/US/chevrolet/volt/2019/volt/trim
Thanks for posting the link! Sadly, this looks to confirm that the Bolt's digital rearview mirror is NOT in the 2019 Volt. I'm still excited that mine is about to be built and I do like the new blue/black leather option... just not as much as the red/black option in my 2013 ;-)

·
Registered
27 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you are. Ordered my '19 in early July using the salesdude up-to-date ordering system. Got the porcelain blue/black interior on a Premium without knowing what it looks like.

Joe

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Interesting, unless I missed it ACC is not an option for the 2019 models.
ACC has never been listed as a separate option. To purchase a Volt Premier (ACC has only been available on the Premier) with ACC you need to specify Driver Confidence package (DC) and Driver Confidence Package 2 (DC2), then add full speed Forward Automatic Braking assist (FAB).

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ACC has never been listed as a separate option. To purchase a Volt Premier (ACC has only been available on the Premier) with ACC you need to specify Driver Confidence package (DC) and Driver Confidence Package 2 (DC2), then add full speed Forward Automatic Braking assist (FAB).
In the configurator referenced in this thread, progress to step 5 "Interior" scroll down to the "Interior Options" group, and in the middle is "Adaptive Cruise Control - Advanced, $595"

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just wanted to say thank you very much for the link to see 2019 configuration. I've been checking every day to find a picture of what the new blue interior looks like but wasn't having any luck. I ordered mine to have that blue interior and was worried it might look bad.

My 2019 Volt's TPW date was 9/3/2018 so hopefully it will be built soon and shipped out to the dealer.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
35 Posts
You can build a 2019 now. I went to the 2018 build page and just changed it to 2019 in the URL...it worked. You can see the new Porcelain Blue interior, I’m not nearly as impressed as I was with the tan interior of the ‘18. Oh well! https://www.chevrolet.com/byo-vc/client/en/US/chevrolet/volt/2019/volt/trim
Wow, I can't believe that they replaced the tan option with Porcelain Blue? That Pocelain Blue reminds me of the Chevy Spark. I thought the previous Black/Tan option looked luxurious. Everyone has different tastes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I too ordered a 2019 volt with blue interior sight unseen.
The car is complete. It is being shipped.

dear god why Chevy?
Why powder blue when a dark blue would do?
who honestly thought this was a good choice? It's so timid and frail looking. Passive. weak.

Ugh. I don't think I can drive around with that interior.
What an eyesore.

so walk away form deposit and get a clarity or grab a 2018 at a discount. Bummer.
Hopefully the computer rendering is just washed out. Chevy's sight is not the greatest at visual accuracy.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Wow, I can't believe that they replaced the tan option with Porcelain Blue? That Pocelain Blue reminds me of the Chevy Spark. I thought the previous Black/Tan option looked luxurious. Everyone has different tastes.
Disappointing that they are not doing the "two tone" on the seats--they are just all blue. I'll wait until I see it in person, but my guess is the brandy/black looks better by having more contrast on the seats. I still think the Gen 1 two-tone (ceramic white or spice red) was the best, though--completely unique.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Disappointing that they are not doing the "two tone" on the seats--they are just all blue. I'll wait until I see it in person, but my guess is the brandy/black looks better by having more contrast on the seats. I still think the Gen 1 two-tone (ceramic white or spice red) was the best, though--completely unique.
the seat backs and sides are black. pretty much the same as the brandy two-tone.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts