GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weathertech doesn't have custom mats for the 2019 Volt. It is the same car, so the 2018 mats should fit, correct? Has anyone put them in a 2019? I've read posts and the only thing that seems annoying is (according to at least one person) difficulty accessing the compartment in the trunk with the Weathertech cargo mat in place.

I had Weathertech on my last car and thought they were great. They looked more durable than the Chevy mats on display at the Chevy dealer -- though I don't know if they were the same type as the all-weather mats for the Volt.

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
Weathertech doesn't have custom mats for the 2019 Volt. It is the same car, so the 2018 mats should fit, correct? Has anyone put them in a 2019? I've read posts and the only thing that seems annoying is (according to at least one person) difficulty accessing the compartment in the trunk with the Weathertech cargo mat in place.

I had Weathertech on my last car and thought they were great. They looked more durable than the Chevy mats on display at the Chevy dealer -- though I don't know if they were the same type as the all-weather mats for the Volt.
Many Volt owners like the Huskyliners floor and hatch area mats.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I purchased a 2016 Premier from a used car lot back in November. During my vehicle walk around and inspection I noticed the mats were in the trunk. They were the OEM rubber mats.

When I got home and installed them they looked a little off for being OEM. I then realized that what was in the trunk were Gen1 mats.

I promptly ordered OEM carpeted mats and still use the Gen1 mats for rainy days. They’re a little smaller then Gen2 mats, so fit with no problem. The hook tabs just don’t align properly, so extra caution is needed. The grippy backs keep them in place.

Moral of the story, Don’t be like me and double check the mats.

Oh, almost forgot. Seems like people like to steal parts on these auction lots. Someone had walked off with the two round hook knobs for the cargo net. They just screw out, so easy thing to snatch and stick in your pocket while pretending to inspect the car. Paid about $14 from the parts department. Not in stock of course.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm a fan of the Husky Liners as I think they make a little less noise and clean up easier, but get whichever is cheaper. I've found Weathertechs are pretty rarely on sale.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For a 2018, what about OEM rubber mats for seats and Weathertech or Husky for cargo liner? That's what I did for my Gen 1 '14. I like the look of the OEMs for the seating area (hook tabs work...looks/fits well...logo cool!...), but I also like the deeper Weathertech cargo liner.
Thoughts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts