GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife's almost brand new 2018 volt got rear ended. The impact was barely felt and there is little or no scratches on the bumper. No harm done, everybody agreed, so both parties parted ways without exchanging information. But a few days later we noticed the bumper offset from the driver side rear fender panel. Nobody looked at that area during the incident.

I think I can undo the bumper cover and straighten it out. Anyway I can find information on disassembling the bumper cover? Thanks in advance.

-TL

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you much! It doesn't seems too hard. In my case, I don't really need to take out the whole under cover. Maybe just the light and then part of the bumper cover, and then reassemble. Will see.

-TL

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Yep, the hitch instructions should help. My recollection is that I had to pull the bumper cover alot harder than I expected to get it to come off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yep, the hitch instructions should help. My recollection is that I had to pull the bumper cover alot harder than I expected to get it to come off.
Second that. In fact I could not simply pull it out as show in the video (or rather, was unwilling to pull hard enough). I pulled enough to see the retaining clips, then stuck a flathead screwdriver in there to get them to release.

If you do end up needing to remove the whole bumper fascia, remember during re-assembly to get the under-cover properly seated before re-attaching the bumper. I forgot and it was quite difficult to force it back into the proper spot (tucked into the bumper fascia, basically).

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm curious why you accepted being struck from the rear by another driver and didn't hold them accountable. These bumpers hide a lot of damage

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts