GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving with no problems in Hold mode, 3/4 tank of fuel, 25 miles of EV range. Had been driving for about 70 miles, stopped for lunch. Started car, car immediately shows "Propulsion Power Reduced" in the display, CEL came on. Switched car back to "Hold" mode, could hear engine engage, drove about 2 miles, car displayed "Engine Not Available". Luckily had 25 miles of EV range left, drove to my destination, charged the car. It charged up normally. Restarted the car, "Propulsion Power Reduced" shows in display and CEL remains on. Drove it to the dealer approximately 20 miles away. Car seems to drive fine in Normal EV mode (with error message and CEL on), but if you switch it to "Hold" or any mode that uses fuel, you can hear the engine come on, but car will sort of lurch some and then show Engine Not Available again. Basically, it's an all electric car right now. Only 21,400 miles, original owner.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Driving with no problems in Hold mode, 3/4 tank of fuel, 25 miles of EV range. Had been driving for about 70 miles, stopped for lunch. Started car, car immediately shows "Propulsion Power Reduced" in the display, CEL came on. Switched car back to "Hold" mode, could hear engine engage, drove about 2 miles, car displayed "Engine Not Available". Luckily had 25 miles of EV range left, drove to my destination, charged the car. It charged up normally. Restarted the car, "Propulsion Power Reduced" shows in display and CEL remains on. Drove it to the dealer approximately 20 miles away. Car seems to drive fine in Normal EV mode (with error message and CEL on), but if you switch it to "Hold" or any mode that uses fuel, you can hear the engine come on, but car will sort of lurch some and then show Engine Not Available again. Basically, it's an all electric car right now. Only 21,400 miles, original owner.
Go to the dealer. Get your EGR replaced. It's covered under the Voltec warranty. Don't waste time. Get it done. Hahaha!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
2018 Chevy Volt
0 Posts
I just received a letter in the mail from GM about this very same issue. They are offering to update the 'Hybrid Control Module 2' at no cost to me up until March 31, 2023.
I'd look into this!

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I just received a letter in the mail from GM about this very same issue. They are offering to update the 'Hybrid Control Module 2' at no cost to me up until March 31, 2023.
I'd look into this!
Different issue. This is to give you more warning when the battery cells start getting too far out of alignment to properly determine state of charge and when to switch to hybrid mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts