GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would be great if there is a dedicated place near the roof line (right near where you have the onstar button), to store the sunglasses. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Will they fit on the shelf at the bottom of the main instrument cluster? My sunglasses are actually magnetic clip-ons that came with my frames and I keep them there.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wait, there's a padded sunglass slot? Where is that? Sorry....I'm a new owner....
I believe it's the spot to the right of the shifter. Mine works for 2 of my sunglasses but the ones I wear for rides or hikes are too curved to fit there. My Mustang has a drawer that pops out near the searing wheel that is big enough for the glasses, micro fibre cloth and a few other small items. I wish the Volt had something tucked away like that to store glasses and/or small items.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe it's the spot to the right of the shifter. Mine works for 2 of my sunglasses but the ones I wear for rides or hikes are too curved to fit there. My Mustang has a drawer that pops out near the searing wheel that is big enough for the glasses, micro fibre cloth and a few other small items. I wish the Volt had something tucked away like that to store glasses and/or small items.
Actually, that's where I've been putting my sunglasses. I didn't know it was padded though. Need to pay attention. lol.
But it didn't feel like a place for sunglasses though.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I keep mine on my face 100%. I have lenses that darken with any bright light since 2010.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Search "visor sunglass holder" on Amazon. I used the ones with the wire mounting clip for years. They worked well.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I keep mine on my face 100%. I have lenses that darken with any bright light since 2010.
As do I. My sister says in a sedan not enough UV gets through the windshield to turn hers dark. I never noticed that, maybe because most of the time in summer I'm driving a convertible? :p

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
As do I. My sister says in a sedan not enough UV gets through the windshield to turn hers dark. I never noticed that, maybe because most of the time in summer I'm driving a convertible? :p
Every windshield blocks the UV rays that turn glasses dark. Being without a roof gives them enough UV to make them react I’ll bet but a sedan or coupe won’t change the standards for UV blocking glass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts