GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is set to delay charging. When I plug it into my ChargePoint charger it connects and starts charging immediately. If I check the car the setting has been changed to immediate charging. If I cancel that then the charging stops and the proper delay charging cycle is activated. Why doesn't my initial delay charge setting prevent the first immediate charging?

Thanks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I just went through this myself on my 2017 ... was racking my brain for about a week and then realized I had the time as AM instead of PM on the clock. Check your clock settings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just went through this myself on my 2017 ... was racking my brain for about a week and then realized I had the time as AM instead of PM on the clock. Check your clock settings.
I was surprised to find that my charge settings weren't what I had originally specified, but the difference shouldn't have resulted in this behaviour. I corrected the setting and tried charging the Volt this evening. It started charging immediately again. I had to start the engine and cancel the temporary setting even though it hadn't been set to begin with.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
If you are using Location Based Charging to set up a Home location for delayed charging, then perhaps you last set that up 3 months ago, and now you need to refresh that setting. Charging should begin immediately when you are "away from home." As your owner manual says, "The charge level preference at the home location is stored for up to 90 days. After 90 days, a notification will display on the screen and the charge level preference will need to be reset for the next 90 days."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts