GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, this sucks! Car is disabled. I hope dealership can explain this one. Under 30k miles/model year 2018.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Please keep us updated. I've got a 2018 also, just passed 40k miles. No problems at all yet, but I've got my antenna up and paying attention.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please keep us updated. I've got a 2018 also, just passed 40k miles. No problems at all yet, but I've got my antenna up and paying attention.
I will. This is disappointing for real. I had the recall serviced about a month a go. Crossing my fingers that warranty covers it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
If it's Voltec related, it's not gonna cost you anything except your time. You might even possibly within the bumper to bumper warranty. Yes it's horrible that this would happen to a fairly new vehicle, but things do happen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it's Voltec related, it's not gonna cost you anything except your time. You might even possibly within the bumper to bumper warranty. Yes it's horrible that this would happen to a fairly new vehicle, but things do happen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it is the lithium battery on-boarding charging system. They got it up and going after a "hard reboot" but couldn't find the problem or erroneous cells. I got my car back Wednesday night, but I brought it back to Chevy this afternoon...check engine light and guess what...on-boarding charging system failure. I hope they go ahead and just replace it.

·
Administrator
20,857 Posts
Faulty charger (not the charge cord) maybe?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Faulty charger (not the charge cord) maybe?
Nah, they are changing the Lithium Battery charging system module controller or something. I have a loaner :(/ Might take a few days or a week depending on the availability and arrival of part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts