GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discovered my brand new (to me) 2018 Volt had the "particle board and cloth" panel hanging, and my first thought was someone was trying to steal something (possible PTSD from a catalytic converter theft.)

Judging from these pictures is it possible for the well trained eye to pick up on whether this was someone trying to steal something (🤷‍♂️my battery) or, instead simple road damage. I don't recal hitting anything, or hearing any odd noises while driving.

Thanks for taking a look!

p.s. Glad to be amongst fellow Volt enthusiasts!

·
Registered
2015 Red Volt
2,135 Posts
Typically these crappy shields tend to get torn up when backing up in deep snow. Or so I’ve heard. Here in the Gulf South we don’t drive in the snow much.

·
Registered
2017 Volt LT
55 Posts
I have been having issues with a feline deciding to camp in my undercovers. This damage has not happened yet although I do fear this happening so, a possibility of a cat or animal camping there?

·
Administrator
22,836 Posts
Road debris damage most likely

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Mine looks like this. Trim it off.

Reactions: BenjaminD

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Or depending on how badly it’s cut up you can try to patch it together with very heavy duty duct tape. We did that after our daughter ran over a curb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Happened to mine when my wife hit a giant pot hole, if u have access to a lift in a buddy's garage, you can easily replace those for around $200. I ordered them of if a gm parts website. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2012, and most of the passenger side edge is gone, now held up with a combination of zip ties and hardware strapping. It is just fiber and water, snow, salt etc... do a number on it over time. If you don't catch it shortly after it happens, it gets worse quick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts