GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Volt Premier Citron Green
110 Posts
I read this post on Tuesday night and watched the video about the battery. I got up the next morning, got in my 2018 Volt with 42000 miles to go to work. It had 60 miles of range, put it in reverse it moved about 5 ft the range went to zero, the engine started and the check engine light came on all at the same time. I just pulled back in the garage and knew exactly what the problem was, the BECM. After work I was going to take it to the dealer got in it and wouldn’t move. I tried 4 times with the same result it would not move. I called a wrecker to get it towed the next morning. I decided I would try one more time this time it powered right up and I was able to drive it to the dealer, I cancelled the wrecker on the way. It drove completely normal except for that the check engine light was on. I got a call today from the dealer that the BECM needed replaced. Its on back order and was told it might be 2 days could be 3 months. They have no idea when it will come in.
I know it has been a while since you had BECM issues. Do you possibly remember what the outside temps were when the BECM failed, and then when it started working again?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts