GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Volt LT
427 Posts
The 12V battery will go dead if it's not on a maintainer. I "killed" mine by leaving the car plugged into the EVSE in my attached garage while I fled to a warmer climate for five months one winter. When I returned, the car acted as though it had no batteries at all in it. When I connected a small charger to the 12V, it woke back up and reported the HV battery still at full charge...which it was. If you connect a smart charger (CTek, etc.) to the jump points under the hood, the 12V will stay fully charged. BTW, I put "killed" in quotes because my 12V did come completely back from the grave with charging, and has been fine ever since. It's still the original, too (car's production date: 02/2016). And yes, I'm also a BECM victim...I got in line about two weeks ago.

·
Registered
2017 Volt LT
427 Posts
I took delivery of my '17 Volt LT on 3/14/2016...so, an early 2017. The BECM called it a day in late January of this year at between 47k and 48k miles. My dealership ordered the module early February of this year. They finally got one in on 4/25. They also swapped out my leaking oil pan, and I got the car back on 4/29. All is well again...

Reactions: snic and Steverino
1 - 2 of 2 Posts