GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Volt Premier w/ACC
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday night I foundd a new feature on our Volt. Auto-dimming headlights. At first I thought it was a fluke or a bug, but no, they consistently dimmed if I was coming up on a car ahead or if another car was approaching. Is this yet another Gen2 feature that I have discovered? Are there others subtlely hidden in this wonderful car?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Did you know there is a wireless phone charger, it's in kind of an odd spot, but there is one.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Have you looked for the self parking feature. It works great.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Someone should take all of these features and put them in a small book that you could keep inside the car.

·
Registered
2018 Volt Premier w/ACC
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you know there is a wireless phone charger, it's in kind of an odd spot, but there is one.
Yes, I have even tried it but it is a tight fit for my phone with its protector on.

·
Registered
2018 Volt Premier w/ACC
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For whatever reason I hardly use self parking... does anyone use it all the time?
I have not tried it out. We live in a rural area where it's rare to have to parallel park, but I should practice with it so that I know how it works.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Someone should take all of these features and put them in a small book that you could keep inside the car.
Thanks for making my day TSquare that's hilarious, true but hilarious!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
So give the guy a LIKE.
I did but I always thought it's just better to tell him or her if I like something. Never really been into this Facebook type of thing.

·
Registered
2018 Volt Premier w/ACC
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The one feature I would like to see is rain-sensing wipers. We had this on a Peugeot 406 that we leased in 2003. They work great and were much appreciated in drizzly weather and sudden cloudbursts.

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
Maybe add a maintenance schedule, add specs on what oil and fluids to use, tire air pressure, etc. I suggest the use of pictures/illustrations where appropriate. You'll need an index of course. But once we have such a book, who will read it to me?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Maybe add a maintenance schedule, add specs on what oil and fluids to use, tire air pressure, etc. I suggest the use of pictures/illustrations where appropriate. You'll need an index of course. But once we have such a book, who will read it to me?
The "glove box" is on the passenger side of the car, so obviously you would have to have a passenger that can read.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yesterday night I foundd a new feature on our Volt. Auto-dimming headlights. At first I thought it was a fluke or a bug, but no, they consistently dimmed if I was coming up on a car ahead or if another car was approaching. Is this yet another Gen2 feature that I have discovered? Are there others subtlely hidden in this wonderful car?
There is a button on my 2018 on the left stalk that turns that feature on and off.

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
The "glove box" is on the passenger side of the car, so obviously you would have to have a passenger that can read.
We bought our Volt in NY and drove it bck to Illinois. At the time, the Volt was not sold in IL. So on the trip back my wife and I took turns reading the Owners Manual out loud. Sounds boring, but we were very excited with having one of the few EV's available at the time. Needless to say, we learned a lot on the drive home :)

Reactions: leppard3

·
Registered
2018 Volt Premier w/ACC
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Button on the turn signal stalk turns it on and off.
Good tip. I must have inadvertently switched it on when looking for the triple honk feature in a parking lot.

·
Registered
2018 Volt Premier w/ACC
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya know, wise-ass remarks add nothing to this site. I asked because the car was 25 miles away and because I thought it would help others. As a moderator on another major site I can tell you that when a group piles on like this it is a real turn off to others and newcomers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts