GM Volt Forum banner

2018-01-17: are you able to access EV miles and other data through GM sites & apps?

• Gen 1 Volt - able to access EV miles and other data through GM sites and apps

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Gen 2 Volt - able to access EV miles and other data through GM sites and apps

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Gen 1 Volt - _Not_ able to access EV miles and other data through GM sites and apps

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Gen 2 Volt - _Not_ able to access EV miles and other data through GM sites and apps

Votes: 1 7.7%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2018-01-17: are you able to access EV miles and other data through GM sites & apps?

Some drivers have been reporting improvement, while some still seem to be having issues, and others never had any issue.

Editing hiccup - I wanted to add that previous polls over the last few weeks indicated up to about 2/3 able to access (in the most recent poll), and I think this one will end up higher than that when it closes.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Lately, the GM apps are working and have been updated.

·
Super Moderator
6,277 Posts
Redirected here from other thread --- OnStar and GM is so unreliable!On our 2016 Volt the Onstar interface doesn't even show current 7 day charging. I even initiated charging from that interface yesterday (1/20) !! NOTE that the 19th or the 20th is not show today (21st)
buggy interface hack to avoid word/picture flow
On our 2011 Volt it shows some data in the past 30 days BUT this is what it shows for the last 7 days! AND I even initiated charging from that interface for this Volt as well yesterday (1/20)
buggy interface hack

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
My charging history is up to two days out, but my tire pressures haven't been updated since 1/1/18.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Redirected here from other thread --- OnStar and GM is so unreliable!On our 2016 Volt the Onstar interface doesn't even show current 7 day charging. I even initiated charging from that interface yesterday (1/20) !! NOTE that the 19th or the 20th is not show today (21st)[...]On our 2011 Volt it shows some data in the past 30 days BUT this is what it shows for the last 7 days! AND I even initiated charging from that interface for this Volt as well yesterday (1/20)[...]
Hi Scottf200:

Thanks for posting your results, I was concerned this latest poll I put up wouldn't get more balanced feedback. I had to create a new poll here and there to get some up-to-date data, but the net result may also be that there are fewer people willing to vote, or they may get confused thinking they already voted.

In any event, not many data points yet, but my tentative take so far is that while some have seen a fix in getting at their data, others such as yourself have not. The last poll ended at about 66% able to get at their data, and this one presently stands at 80%. I'm thinking it looks like GM still has more work to do.

·
Super Moderator
6,277 Posts
Hi Scottf200:

Thanks for posting your results, I was concerned this latest poll I put up wouldn't get more balanced feedback. I had to create a new poll here and there to get some up-to-date data, but the net result may also be that there are fewer people willing to vote, or they may get confused thinking they already voted.

In any event, not many data points yet, but my tentative take so far is that while some have seen a fix in getting at their data, others such as yourself have not. The last poll ended at about 66% able to get at their data, and this one presently stands at 80%. I'm thinking it looks like GM still has more work to do.
It is so bad. There are several things wrong just in this part of the page. I know the tires are not at 30. I put 43 in them a few days ago when I did all my vehicles. Look at the 'data as of ...'. Why can't they calculate the kW-hr/100 miles for either of my cars.

I can't imagine trying these folks with OTA updates.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
It is so bad. There are several things wrong just in this part of the page. I know the tires are not at 30. I put 43 in them a few days ago when I did all my vehicles. Look at the 'data as of ...'. Why can't they calculate the kW-hr/100 miles for either of my cars.

I can't imagine trying these folks with OTA updates.

The data is all there but you are right that their inability to do simple calculations is inexplicable. They have me at 133KWh/100miles but the data on the site is shows a reasonable 31.5 KWh/100Miles. Also it should be miles/KW not KW/100 miles. It's always been miles/gallon so the correct measure should be miles/kilowatt, after all it's available distance that people are interested in. They also don't bother to calculate MPG, just the very misleading fuel economy which is the number of gallons used for total distance traveled on both gas and electric, a totally irrelevant number, the gas and electric economy numbers are independent, it should be MPG and MPKW as separate numbers.

One more peeve about Mychevrolet, they don't provide an e-mail address or a complaint form so there is no way to report the bugs on their site.

·
Registered
675 Posts
From Dec 24rd - Jan 22nd, myvolt recorded 136kwh which is about 50% of the approximately 270 kwh my volt used. Myvolt recorded 18 out of my 33 charging events during those 30 days. Myvolt also missed the charging events on the three prior days, Dec 21st-Dec23rd as well. Over the last four days, I'm 4 out of 4, so maybe things are improving ...

The myvolt data is usually accurate within 0.5% for the charging events that are logged. I usually charge overnight (delayed charging), but sometimes I charge during the day, and I keep a spreadsheet that includes estimates for missing charge events, and I've compared myvolt to chargepoint as well.

·
Registered
675 Posts
My last post was Jan 23rd. I have had 100% of charging events reported correctly now from
Jan 19th
Feb 4th;

So that's about 17 days of high quality charging data, though some mileage data in the efficiency workbook was missing for the first 3 of those 17 days. Two weeks of really high quality data. That's a big improvement over the roughly 50% of the data missing from my last post.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 17 seems to be updating. At the beginning of January it was not working hardly at all. I called OnStar and they did something I guess because it’s working now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good to see the improvements.

At the same time, the thread stands at 25% of responses are having issues getting at the data. It's only 3 responses, but about what I expected. Bottom line, sounds like progress has been made, but we may not be all the way there yet.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi - this round of the poll has been closed (I had meant to set it to close automatically, but forgot, so it had to be done manually by admin, which is why there was less warning). Results seem to be 10 out of 13 (76.9%) reported at the time of their vote things are working ok, while 3 out of 13 (23.1%) indicate things are not working at the time of their vote. 13 isn't a high number of respondents, but ok, it is what it is..... these polls aren't "scientific" but I guess we get what we can out of them. In the previous similar-but-not-the-same polls I set up over the last few months, the results were lower, so there has been seemingly some steady improvement. Still, 23.1% not working is not good, so it would appear there was some more improvement to be made.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts