GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Volt and just had a service done where the dealer said he upgraded the infotainment system. However, it doesn't appear anything changed and it still won't use Android Auto (my preference is Waze). Any suggestions as to either how to make it work or any workarounds ? Thanks all for a informative forum (I learn a lot).

·
Registered
2012 Std w Nav
5,186 Posts
If by "won't use Android Auto" you mean it won't connect to your phone properly, it's probably just a connection problem and trying multiple/better USB cables will resolve it. They're cheap. Buy a new USB 3.0 wire.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
I use Android Auto all the time in my 2017 Volt. What did the dealership do to "upgrade" the infotainment system and why was it done? The biggest issue with Android Auto, as hellsop said, is crappy third party USB cables.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I use a Garmin.
Lifetime SW and Map updates and I have the optional RF Traffic, which works, most of the time....
I can take it with me on vacas and use it in the rentals.
Nothing worse than trying to get out of the maze at some airports.:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not the cable, it worked as expected before the Android Auto update on my phone (I'll get a screenshot), It's Android Auto V7.8.622514. Anyone else have that version and working as expected? I had to take my car in for a recall, Was told it required a software update for the recall and told me that for no extra charge, they'd update my infotainment software. (Nothing specific, but I'll call to find out). Is there a way to find out what version of software is currently on the infotainment ?

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
It's not the cable, it worked as expected before the Android Auto update on my phone (I'll get a screenshot), It's Android Auto V7.8.622514. Anyone else have that version and working as expected? I had to take my car in for a recall, Was told it required a software update for the recall and told me that for no extra charge, they'd update my infotainment software. (Nothing specific, but I'll call to find out). Is there a way to find out what version of software is currently on the infotainment ?
I have the same version of Android Auto on my Samsung S21 and it works perfectly in my 2017 Volt. My Volt is fully up to date on it's software too.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
I used Android Auto yesterday in my 2017 Volt. Motorola G-Stylus (2020) running Android 11.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts