GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone had this problem? I am hearing water sloshing when i brake or start moving and my car is completely dry everywhere inside and out except just in 2 foot area behind drivers seat on floor. told it may be something about a drain line plugged from the AC that serves the electric motor and battery in rear portion of car?? HELP!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Could be worth checking the harness bulkhead cover under the rear hatch. Its where the electrical harness penetrates through the roof. Remove the rear drivers side roof handle and the head liner will pull down. See if there is any water or mildew build up in there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
anyone had this problem? I am hearing water sloshing when i brake or start moving and my car is completely dry everywhere inside and out except just in 2 foot area behind drivers seat on floor. told it may be something about a drain line plugged from the AC that serves the electric motor and battery in rear portion of car?? HELP!!
With the start of the rainy season here in California, I'm experiencing this problem too. Can't seem to find much info on it. After heavy rain and driving through some puddles, I can hear the sound of water sloshing under the rear of the vehicle while turning or breaking. The rear drivers side seems to be the sump where it collects or enters, making the carpet wet. Anybody find a common culprit yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
With the start of the rainy season here in California, I'm experiencing this problem too. Can't seem to find much info on it. After heavy rain and driving through some puddles, I can hear the sound of water sloshing under the rear of the vehicle while turning or breaking. The rear drivers side seems to be the sump where it collects or enters, making the carpet wet. Anybody find a common culprit yet?

·
Registered
24 Posts
same problem any solution ?
After several frustrating episodes of carpet drying, we had this fixed at the dealership. Here are their notes:
"Removed drivers seat, rear seat, A and B pillar covers and carpet. Drained out standing water. Water tested and found coming from cowl area. Removed cowl coverings and found drivers side drain is plugged with pine needles and mud. Cleared out and cleaned cowling drains on both sides. Reassembled cowl. Water tested again and found no leaks. Parked vehicle outside over weekend in rain storm. Hung carpet and set up fan for drying over weekend. Verified no leaks and reassembled with dried carpet."

The tech explained that there are portals into the cabin several inches above the cowl drains. If the cowl drains get plugged, then the water fills the area and spills over into the cabin. Design flaw IMHO. Otherwise a great vehicle so far.

·
Administrator
21,485 Posts
Thanks for the details on the cause and fix, grambo!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts