GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does installing a Plugless system in the Volt effect the new car warranty? I have a Plugless system ordered and will probably install it in my new Volt, but I am somewhat concerned if General Motors will still honor the drive-train warranty while a non GM charger is installed in the car. Does anyone have any experience dealing with this issue? Thanks!

·
Administrator
19,979 Posts
I doubt it will any affect, other than the dealer will likely not diagnose nor repair issues with the aftermarket system. IOW, if the car charges using the supplied 120V EVSE (or a 240V EVSE) through the charge port, but your car has problems charging via the wireless system, you'll need to have Plugless diagnose and repair it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
The only way for bad things to happen to your warranty is if the plugless system causes the problem and GM can prove it.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
How does installing a Plugless system in the Volt effect the new car warranty? I have a Plugless system ordered and will probably install it in my new Volt, but I am somewhat concerned if General Motors will still honor the drive-train warranty while a non GM charger is installed in the car. Does anyone have any experience dealing with this issue? Thanks!
You won't be replacing the charger in the car going to any system. People have been running aftermarket stations since shortly before the Volts release as a 2011 with zero issues.

Charge on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts