GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all:
As the owner of a recently purchased 2017 Volt LT, I am trying to sign up to us my Shell gasoline /Fuel Rewards account from the dashboard infotainment system.
I get as far as the payment screen on the app on my iPhone to sign up but it will not take the Shell card. And when I use a Visa card, the system states that...I cannot add any more cards at this time...with no other explanation. I have spoken to Shell and the folks at GM but am coming up without answers.
Has any one else have any experience with Marketplace and can shed some light on this issue. GM is supposed to get back to me in a week but I thought I would reach out the the community at large.
Thank you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, so, this is the last post I am going to make about this and I hope someone has some insight. I went to the dealer where I purchased my 2017 Volt LT a little over a month ago. I stated that I had seen in several instances where the Shop/Marketplace app was available for the infotainment screen in vehicle. This is a stand alone and not pear of Apple CarPlay. The dealer had the vehicle for a few hours and determined that there was no upgrade or update that offered that app and yet I have seen it in various articles as being available for 2017+ Volt LTs and Premiers. Does anyone have a 2017 Volt LT with the Shop/Marketplace App and if so, how did you come by it. My thanks to the community and Happy New Year.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What I have read when looking at why my 2017 doesn't have shop is that there are different versions of the hardware that run the infotainment system. I have I guess an early build 2017 and it doesn't show a wifi or LTE signal on the screen. I read that is the key to having the marketplace and shop is that if you don't see that signal thing then you have the early build version. There is some sort of 3.0 system that is needed and I have read that early builds don't have it they have the 2016 infotainment system. My car does not have the shop or marketplace on it and there are no updates to my system says the dealer. I have android auto and carplay but no apps on the screen that are built in, the only things on there are the standard pages and onstar stuff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I have read when looking at why my 2017 doesn't have shop is that there are different versions of the hardware that run the infotainment system. I have I guess an early build 2017 and it doesn't show a wifi or LTE signal on the screen. I read that is the key to having the marketplace and shop is that if you don't see that signal thing then you have the early build version. There is some sort of 3.0 system that is needed and I have read that early builds don't have it they have the 2016 infotainment system. My car does not have the shop or marketplace on it and there are no updates to my system says the dealer. I have android auto and carplay but no apps on the screen that are built in, the only things on there are the standard pages and onstar stuff.
That is about the only thing I can think of either. Mine was built in November of 2016 which may have put it ahead of the next gen infotainment system. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. If you hear of a work around or some upgrade, please let me know. Cheers and Happy New Year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.