GM Volt Forum banner

2017 Volt Premiere - Limited Time Factory 20% Discount?

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Sol 
#1 ·
I got an email from my dealer this a.m. that they just got a 2017 Volt Premiere on the lot, and he'd heard that GM was offering a 20% discount on it for a limited time, and is planning to call me back later today with particulars (if actually true!). Anyone heard anything on this?

#5 · (Edited)
According to Chevy http://www.chevrolet.com/sales.html it's only the MY16 Premier which makes sense as GM is wanting to clear out the MY16s to make room for the MY17s...Doesn't apply to the Volt since the MY17s have been out for the while but I'm sure that's the mindset...If you look at the offerings, it's all top trim models...
"$7,946 cash back off a 2016 Volt Premier based on MSRP of $39,730" so $31,784, -$7500, $1500 (Cali incentive, where half of these are sold) $80 Cali dealer fee = $22,864...Outstanding deal...Wonder if they'll even make the PO's live again this month or if the PO's can be used in conjunction with the 20% off...

#7 ·
I just now, 1 hour ago, bought a 2016 Premier in black Mosaic with 20% off after seeing this thread. So thanks for posting! Got there 30 minutes to closing and dealer had to call around to locate one. With MA and fed money, equals about 45% off msrp. Was waiting to buy 2017 with ACC, but could not pass this up. Pick up on Tuesday.

#9 ·
In addition to the 20% rebate, you can also receive the regular dealer discount too. Not restricted to just 20% off.

#11 ·
Anyway to get a ballpark trade in value (dealership) in 12-24 months? Does lease residuals give any indication? I need something to fill the gap between now and getting a model 3. With 20% off, dealer discount, no WA sales tax, and federal tax credit and 0% financing buying might be a better deal then leasing right now, unless trade in value drops a crazy amount. I doubt I would do more then 10k miles a year and I take great care of my cars. I need something pretty soon to fill that gap & I don't plan to put down more then what I lease would require, $1,000 - $2,000. Any guidance? Just looking for a 2016 Volt with leather and heated seats.

#12 ·
I saw a TV ad about this 20% deal. It actually showed a Volt in the group shot! Maybe marketing is finally figuring out that it doesn't cost them any $$ to have the Volt in the picture.

#13 ·
Having just taken advantage of the 20% offer and residing in both Washington and California, I can tell you 1. The 0% financing offer cannot be 'stacked' with the 20% discount. 2. The 20% offer only applies to 2016, which were only sold in a few states (Washington, not among them) and, in fact, cannot be sold out of state (at least a dealer in Portland, OR wouldn't sell me one as a Washington resident, even if shipped on a flatbed). I am purchasing it in California and registering it in California (which is okay for me, since I reside there part of the year) and was told that even if I flat-bedded it to Washington without registration I would need to pay sales tax in California. I'm pretty sure about #1 because it was verified by two dealers. I'm less certain about #2, but one dealer wouldn't sell me a vehicle at all and the other one wouldn't sell it to me without charging California sales tax, so even if there is a legal way around it, the dealer may not be willing to jump through all the hoops on your behalf.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.