GM Volt Forum banner

2017 Volt getting 59-66 miles battery range on full charges. Why? Is this normal?

15K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DoctorB 
For 2017 (the MY16 Volt was advertised under 2017 EPA cycles probably to avoid confusion) the EPA test cycles were changed to allow for more aggressive driving and heavier A/C use...

What appears to be the exact same car with different facsias, the Buick Velite gets 72 miles of range (converted from km) but that's on a Chinese test cycle...

Ultimately the biggest factor is the accelerator...On the dash display with the ball/leaf, if you press the accelerator more than 15% you're off the charts...Then a caveat to that is your speed...Lastly despite my low speed, traffic heavy morning commute (my afternoon commute is absolutely stop and go gridlock) using the A/C even on ECO takes a big range hit...

Yet with the more aggressive EPA cycles, if you apply the above to any vehicle you're likely to exceed 2017 EPA estimates by 10-20% including ICE vehicles like the Hellcat...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.