GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning my wife's 2017 Volt won't start and its really strange, wondering if anyone has seen anything like this. The car has 6500 miles on it and was parked in a detached garage last night charging after working fine on Friday. Today (Saturday) at 9:30 AM I open the garage door from the house and try to remote start it. Its 1 degree F out there, and went down to maybe -2 last night.

The car doesn't remote start. The lights seem to to be on though so I go out to the car to check it out. The tail lights are flashing oddly. The doors are unlocked, (I had to lock them to try the remote start, don't know if that worked). They won't lock or unlock. The charging light on the dash is not lit. I unplug the car and get in. Nothing on dash but start button is pulsing. Try pushing start. Dash doesn't come on but it lights up solid I think. Brake pedal pushes back at me after 5 seconds or so. Keeping the brake depressed this happens again after another 5 seconds or so.

After trying various lock, unlock and start button things the car now has the tail lights on, but won't do anything. And of course my chevy dealer is swamped with the cold. Any ideas? I need a reboot button!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts