GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I read through as many posts as I could using the search function but didn’t see anything that answered my question. So I have a 2017 volt premier with every option. Maybe a month ago, my wife drove it to work and got “service stabilitrak” on the display. At the same time, the cruise control, lane assist, blind spot alert, etc. all stopped working. I assumed they were related since it happened in the same trip. Anyway, I take it to the dealership this morning, assuming it’ll be the wheel speed sensor fix, and the guy tells me they’ve got the car “taken apart” ? and have done a complete diagnostic, and that it’s my multi axis sensor that is broken. He quoted me about $750 for parts and labor. Has anyone had this part go out? A google search returned nothing for me anywhere. I’ve been on the phone for hours today to see if it’s covered under any of the volt warranties. I definitely can’t afford to pay $700 just to get cruise control working again right now.

Had 12V tested at autozone a few weeks ago, they said it was reading out a little over 12, like it was a brand new battery. I certainly didn’t put a battery in it, wondering if it’s the original, how it is still in that good of condition.

Thanks in advance.

· Administrator
23,403 Posts
Did you ask OnStar for all the error codes? Or have AutoZone get them? Or did you have the dealer service rep read them off to you? They would be good way to help determine where the problem(s) generally are.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you ask OnStar for all the error codes? Or have AutoZone get them? Or did you have the dealer service rep read them off to you? They would be good way to help determine where the problem(s) generally are.
Hi, no, I didn’t have autozone read the error codes, but when I go pick up the car on Monday and pay the diag fee, I’m going to hope they’re on the invoice. If not, I’ll ask the mechanic what the codes were. I’ll report back at that point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.