GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just replace our 2011 with a 2017. We love almost everything about the new. There is one thing that is driving me nuts. The seat are angled slightly inward. So when you sit behind the wheel you body is twisted. Has anyone else noticed this ? I am going to see if I loosen the bolts if I can reposition the seat.

·
Registered
322 Posts
We just replace our 2011 with a 2017. We love almost everything about the new. There is one thing that is driving me nuts. The seat are angled slightly inward. So when you sit behind the wheel you body is twisted. Has anyone else noticed this ? I am going to see if I loosen the bolts if I can reposition the seat.
Have you both noticed it or just you? Giant wallet in the back pocket?
I've definitely never noticed this, but it would drive me nuts.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Leather seats or cloth?
Try other cars at the dealership to see if your seat is defective.
Until I get the tilt-telescope steering wheel set right first I cannot get a comfortable seat setting by adjusting the seat.
Does the left foot rest bother you? Some have said it is too high.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I don't have this issue. In the 8 months of following the G2 forum, I don't remember anyone ever complaining about your issue.

I'd compare to another G2 volt at the dealership if I were you. Good luck.

P.s. time to update your signature:)

·
Registered
741 Posts
As a service manager occasionally we would have a large customer that would sort of wedge themselves up off their buttock with their foot against the firewall on one side or the other to access a pocket. On any given day or over a period of time, the seat would warp or bust the recliner mechanism. not saying this is true in your case, but maybe before delivery someone had wedged themselves up that way.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
One of the problems may not be the seat but rather the too far forward "dead pedal"...Luckily the steering wheel is telescopic, took me a week to find an acceptable seating/wheel position and I guess I got used to the dead pedal for shorter trips anyways...

·
Registered
384 Posts
'17 LT w/cloth here, and no seat alignment problems...straight ahead, both of them. But the dead pedal? Yes! Several inches too high. Also, how about some padding on the top of the driver's inner door panel...it's a hard-as-a-rock elbow killer. I had to raise the seat up a bit for my wife, and now both armrests are too low and that door panel top is way too hard...JMO

...and power driver's seat!
With at least two memories!

·
Registered
199 Posts
No seat issues here either. However my 2017 volt's drivers seat seems to go back further than my 2012. I'm 6'0" and when the seat is all the way back "it feels" too far.

·
Registered
384 Posts
No seat issues here either. However my 2017 volt's drivers seat seems to go back further than my 2012. I'm 6'0" and when the seat is all the way back "it feels" too far.
6'2" and a 32" inseam, and with my legs fairly stretched out there's still more seat adjustment...gads, I wish my Corvette had this much leg room!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I noticed that my seat back shifts slightly during braking / acceleration. I'm not that large of a person (190lbs). I'll have to play with the adjustment and see if it makes a difference, otherwise, have the dealer check it out. I want to bulk up my issues as I don't have time to go in for every little item.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts