GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I purchased a 2017 Volt about a year ago. In my time owning it I've noticed that the twist latch to keep the rear electric cutoff access (if you're looking in the rear of the vehicle the panel to the left) cover in place easily works itself loose. Looking at the latch on the cover the back of it shows a lip with a detent in it, but I don't see any place on the cover or on the interior opening where the detent would engage. I'm thinking maybe there's a missing spring clip or some other piece that may have gotten lost by the previous owner. Is this a common problem? Does anyone know where I can source the parts I need to get this cover to stay latched?
PXL_20210517_153631327.jpg

PXL_20210517_153658870.jpg

·
Registered
372 Posts
This might not solve your problem completely, but I was having a problem with the latch too. I just cut a 2 inch (or so) piece of clear plastic tubing and placed it over the latch arm shown in your picture. All it does is make it tighter when you "latch it". I'd give that a try

·
Administrator
20,766 Posts
In a similar vein, a foam strip on the door by the latch. You press in the latch. The foam adds some push between the cover and the sidewall to keep the latch snug.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That door is the only flaw i've had in my 2017. comes loose constantly. Good tip on the plastic tubing on the latch! I'll give it a try (sometimes the easiest solutions are right in front of us).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This might not solve your problem completely, but I was having a problem with the latch too. I just cut a 2 inch (or so) piece of clear plastic tubing and placed it over the latch arm shown in your picture. All it does is make it tighter when you "latch it". I'd give that a try
Thank you for this suggestion. It worked perfectly. A 3/8" ID rubber tube snugs down on the interior latch arm and holds that panel in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts