GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The AM radio stations on my 2017 Volt are almost un-listenable. There is SO much interference that about the only way I can listen to an AM station is to turn off the heater.

There's some kind of buzz that doesn't allow the station to come in if my heater/blower is on. If I turn it completely off, then AM stations are at least listenable. BUT... there's still a LOT of static.

Has a resistor or some kind of electronic part failed in my radio? Do you get clear AM radio channels in your Volt?

The Morgan.

·
Registered
535 Posts
The AM radio stations on my 2017 Volt are almost un-listenable. There is SO much interference that about the only way I can listen to an AM station is to turn off the heater.

There's some kind of buzz that doesn't allow the station to come in if my heater/blower is on. If I turn it completely off, then AM stations are at least listenable. BUT... there's still a LOT of static.

Has a resistor or some kind of electronic part failed in my radio? Do you get clear AM radio channels in your Volt?

The Morgan.
I think the problem is with the heater / blower. Try turning on just the blower with no heat. Does the interference occur? If yes, then it's probably the blower motor. I don't think a blower motor normally causes interference, so if you determine that is the problem replacing the blower might fix it.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
try with car OFF and see this post

if signal is weak then a possible wiring or connection problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts