GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Volt LT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if radio fuse stays hot (also known as sending the juice) after my car (2017 Chevy Volt LT) switched off pressing the blue ignition button?

In other words, got a dash cam that needs to be off when the car turned off and a door opens - hooked it up with a fuse kit the dashcam to RADIO FUSE (F30) as other fuses seem to either missing in LT model or run 24/7 such as ONSTAR FUSE (F23) - but the dashcam still on even after the car is off and a door was open - like I said I used that radio fuse - i thought it goes off when the car is off and a door opens - right? or maybe need to wait a few minutes till the dashcam lithium battery runs out of juice - cause its manufacturer says that the battery inside the dashcam are not for running the dashcam and it has to be wired to the source of power at all times - but I do not want the dashcam run after car is off and door was opened, I want it to run only at the time of my driving - anyone came across above scenario before?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I would expect that the radio fuse would be hot all the time. (Most modern radios have an ignition wire that turns them on.)

There's a Retained Accessory Power relay on the fuse panel, which I would think would be a preferred circuit to use. That relay should turn accessories on when the car is powered on and then keep them on for a few seconds after it is turned off.

Before I would make a modification like this, I would check the Factory Service Manuals and check for good points to tap the circuits. (And confirm the right circuits and how they are powered.) If you don't have the manuals, you can get a 3 day subscription here, which also gives you access to the Technical Service Bulletins, all the electrical schematics, and the ability to print out whatever you want: ACDelco TDS (Go under "General Motors Service Repair Manual Information")

1 - 5 of 5 Posts