GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone who has placed an order for a 2017 Volt received a TPW yet?

I have an accepted order number, but have not yet been assigned a TPW...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Nothing here yet...I put in an order on Saturday but apparently the dealership already placed an order for the 1 they were allowed. They are supposed to be calling today to find out when they can put in the order for mine.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dealer was supposedly allocated 6 2017 models. They had already sold one so they customized another to my specifications and didn't even require a deposit. Now I just have to wait for that one to be built and delivered. Can't wait!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 2013 is just fine and I'm about 75% sure that I want the 2017, but didn't want to commit to a non-refundable deposit without at least driving a Gen 2 model. I asked if my deposit was refundable and they offered to just customize one of their allocation to my specs and offer me the first right of refusal to it when it comes in. They said that they don't anticipate having any trouble selling the one that I spec'd if I didn't end up wanting it. While I'd be a tad more comfortable with a refundable deposit, I'd much rather do this than loose my $500 if I ended up not wanting it once it comes in.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I'm still at 2000, but I haven't checked on it in the last 2 weeks either. Doesn't GM shut down for the holidays around mid December? They should be starting up the production lines this week, I hope that includes the 2017 Volts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I chatted with Chevy this morning... two different agents quoted me a TPW of 2/1/2016. The slightly confusing part however, my status code is still at 3000... is that normal?

·
Registered
348 Posts
maybe production hasn't started yet on the 2017 line?

·
Registered
402 Posts
What's a "TPW", and where do I check my order status?

·
Registered
968 Posts
I chatted with Chevy this morning... two different agents quoted me a TPW of 2/1/2016. The slightly confusing part however, my status code is still at 3000... is that normal?
TPW's can be available as soon as code 3000.

Here are the status code definitions:

1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with GM Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by Chevrolet
2050 Order Changed
2500 Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged"), Sent to Production
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to Sequence (now becomes more stable)
3300 Order Selected and Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant (Target Production Week usually available now)
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 Bayed ("B", not 8)
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced (Dealer Billed)
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer
9000 Order Cancelled

Glad to hear that you guys get a Feb. TPW which appears to be on schedule. Looks like early Spring deliveries for you guys if things stay on track.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Your vehicle order has been picked up by GM and is scheduled for production at the plant. The Target Production Week (TPW) is 02/15/2016. Please keep in mind that the TPW is subject to change based on plant schedule. The current event code is 3000.

Yay!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just heard from my dealer. They are still waiting/trying to get an allocation from Chevrolet to place the order for me. I reached out to the Volt advisor email address to see if there was anything they could do to help.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just googled TPW

Target Production Week

·
Registered
145 Posts
Anyone? Seriously, I'm ignorant on this stuff.
TPW means Target Production Week, GM uses the codes listed above. To find out the status of your order go to Chevrolet.com and on the lower right you'll see "chat now". Start a chat, give your order number and request the status of your order.

·
Registered
113 Posts
sounds like mine will be one of the last
wish it would hurry up ,as I watch the Canadian dollar tank
still don't know what it will cost
sometimes it sucks being Canadian , but I guess there are worse places to be from
thankful for what I have

1 - 20 of 93 Posts