GM Volt Forum banner

2017 on Quickjack

5K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Volterado 
#1 · (Edited)
Received QuickJack for birthday and got it assembled. They are $1199 (cdn$) at Costco in store, and the pinch blocks came from QuickJack in california, for $80 (us$). Other then the terrible instructions that were confusing, unit it extremely stable, and lifts vehicle 20" off of ground, and vehicle travels forward 9" when lifted.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
they got 10 sets which were poorly displayed and didn't sell for weeks then when the word got out they sold in about 6 days. I talked to one person there who said this was a test run to see how things went. They have all three models on line for an additional $100 delivery charge including the extended length and the 7000 pound version. I am waiting for the Quickjack extension frame which sits on top of the original frame.

I am very impressed with the stability of the unit, it lifted the 3600 pounds as fast and quickly as it operated when no vehicle was on it.

If you are near any Costco service they can check inventory in BC and expected arrival date of new stock for all stores.

Given the rate of the dollar this canadian price is great which converts to about 930 in US dollars

https://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?keyword=quickjack

G
#6 ·
What will you use it for? I suppose if you live where you need to change from regular tires to winter tires and then back and forth several times every season, it could prove to be quite handy. But if you don't own a set of winter tires . . . . ??

Don

#9 ·
I want one, despite the fact that I don’t rotate my tires, but I do change have winter tires (which barely get used by the way.. damn snowageddon 3 never came)

#8 ·
I will be using it for swapping tires from summer to winter, rotating tires every 5k, removing pebbles from tires, waxing and detailing lower portion of vehicle and general cleaning of underside of car. I have a min. 20 inches of clearance under the vehicle.

#10 ·
I do tire rotations every 7500 miles on two cars, plus winter tire swaps. The lift would be much faster and more convenient than using the scissor's jacks. Plus, if I had a need for getting under for something like the ERDTT defeat this would be handy as well.

#13 ·
I'd be a little worried that the short wheelbase of the MR2 might be too small for the Quickjack to fit between the front and rear wheels. The smallest model is 62 inches long, but out of stock at quickjack.com, and the next size up is 70 inches long which might not fit between the wheels.

#14 ·
Interesting - didn't think it'd be that tight on the 5000 lb version. An MR2 could easily be picked up with the 3500 lb version, but the Volt would be slightly over.

The MR2 wheelbase is 96.5", which is quite a bit less than the 106.1" of the 2G Volt. The MR2 would likely just meet the >70" tire spread, but it'd be REALLY tight.

#16 ·
So far with the car lifted 20 inches above ground level I have noted 2 problems.

The first is that there is rail dust on the lower portion that I never saw, proably being that I never got down on my knee's to examine the paint closely when washing and waxing the car.

The second thing I noticed of concern is that I am missing probably about 10 screws which hold the various undercover parts to the vehicle and that upon further examination quite a few of them were loose and about to fall out. This is rather concerning as normally I would never be able to see the complete under carriage without the ability to raise the vehicle this way and thoroughly examine the underside of the vehicle.

#18 ·
Sure, but assuming you have the height, having them bolted into the floor either requires unbolting & reinstalling every time (plus a storage area) or leaving it permanent. But to each their own.

I prefer the idea of two stow-able lifting platforms that also allow access to the full underside like the QuickJacks do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.