GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any help with information or diagnostics on this code P04CB would be helpful. After the code is cleared it returns within two or three drives.

I did not find much information on this code when searching past post for a 2017 Volt.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Fuel Filler door open:
Chevrolet DTC P04CB 00
Make:ChevroletCode:p04CB 00Definition:Fuel Fill Door Open Request Switch Circuit High VoltageDescription:The hybrid powertrain control module 2 is awakeCause:The hybrid powertrain control module 2 detects a short to voltage or an open/high resistance in the refuel request signal circuit.Failure Type:No Sub Type InformationThis sub type is used for failures where the base DTC text string provides the complete description of the failure itself (no Category and no Sub Type information used, e.g. emissions-related DTC (012700

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuel Filler door open:
Chevrolet DTC P04CB 00
Make:ChevroletCode:p04CB 00Definition:Fuel Fill Door Open Request Switch Circuit High VoltageDescription:The hybrid powertrain control module 2 is awakeCause:The hybrid powertrain control module 2 detects a short to voltage or an open/high resistance in the refuel request signal circuit.Failure Type:No Sub Type InformationThis sub type is used for failures where the base DTC text string provides the complete description of the failure itself (no Category and no Sub Type information used, e.g. emissions-related DTC (012700
Thanks for the information, does anyone have the diagnostic flow chart for solving this problem?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I assume the new fuel door assembly came with the microswitch that determines if the door is open or closed? I have read on here a couple people just cleaned that switch and resolved the problem, just a thought. Also, might be a small possiblility the code was stored and might take a few drive cycles for it to clear??

·
Registered
150 Posts
Fuel Door switch sticking, dirty, poor connection. If driver window left open during rainstorm last year, this is about the time wiring within the door may have corroded enough to cause a fault.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I assume the new fuel door assembly came with the microswitch that determines if the door is open or closed? I have read on here a couple people just cleaned that switch and resolved the problem, just a thought. Also, might be a small possiblility the code was stored and might take a few drive cycles for it to clear??
Yes, the door assembly did come with all new switches and the actuator to unlock the fuel door. When I cleared the code it did turn off for on driving cycle then it came back on with the same code.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fuel Door switch sticking, dirty, poor connection. If driver window left open during rainstorm last year, this is about the time wiring within the door may have corroded enough to cause a fault.
That is something to think about, maybe rain did get on the switches in the door from getting in and out of the car when it was raining.

I wish I had the diagnostic flow chart from the manual to figure this out. May just have to pay for access for the shop manual.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts