GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2016s would not let one configure a cloth seats + heated seats combo. I think that the 2017s do allow that combination in theory.

I'm curious if anyone in the real world has actually ordered it and had the order go through?

(I'm currently leasing a 2014 with Cloth + Heated Seats, a rare combo that I really enjoy).

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you select light ash dark ash cloth seats for an LT you get charged $460 comfort package, or just select comfort package....That includes the heated seats...

·
Registered
65 Posts
The 2016s would not let one configure a cloth seats + heated seats combo. I think that the 2017s do allow that combination in theory.

I'm curious if anyone in the real world has actually ordered it and had the order go through?

(I'm currently leasing a 2014 with Cloth + Heated Seats, a rare combo that I really enjoy).
And yet I have a blue 2016 with heated cloth seats...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I saw a few 2017 LT's with comfort package in Rydell's inventory a couple of weeks ago, they're gone now, and all have leather included. I was looking at that combination too, but since I've never had heated seats and it's a luxury I can live without, definitely don't want to pay for leather that's included.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Heated seats aren't a luxury, they really should be standard in the Midwest. They are actually a lot more efficient in an electric car if you reduce your heater use. Electrical use is fairly negligible, and they are very basic devices. Cloth isn't as bad in the cold as leather, but the heat in contact with your body is far more effective so is still beneficial with cloth.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Available on an LT in the Chevy.com configurator:

Comfort Package

Includes heated:

Driver and front passenger seats can be programmed to automatically warm up when it's cold out as the car's interior heats up, the heating gradually reduces until it's no longer needed
Steering wheel
Outside power-adjustable, body-color mirrors

·
Registered
39 Posts
My dark ash/light ash cloth interior required the comfort package with the heated front seats, heated steering wheel and heated sideview mirrors. It's a really great package and I was happy to be able to get it. The three-level seat heaters are nicer than the single level on the 2013 Prius Four we own. I prefer these seats to leather; I like the warmth and the two-tone grey dashboard is an attractive change to the black and chrome interior.

But, anyway, I recommend the comfort package and, with the dark ash/light ash, that package is required.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I also have a 2017 LT with black cloth and heated seats and steering wheel.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I saw a few 2017 LT's with comfort package in Rydell's inventory a couple of weeks ago, they're gone now, and all have leather included. I was looking at that combination too, but since I've never had heated seats and it's a luxury I can live without, definitely don't want to pay for leather that's included.
Heated seats basically supplant cabin heating. In MN, they'd be a godsend.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Heated seats basically supplant cabin heating. In MN, they'd be a godsend.
I've never had it, and really only about 3 months out of the year that really need it in MN. Im usually wearing layers for cold weather in those 3 months. Also I heard the ICE starts up when it's cold outside anyway to keep the battery conditioned, and the ICE generates residual heat for cabin. Plus with Volt's remote start, or programmed morning start (while plugged in), I could just program it to heat up 15 mins before leaving the house. Anything else I'm missing?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts